Grab the opportunity to work with EF English First Pekanbaru in 2014!
TEN REASONS TO JOIN US
1) One-year full-time contract, with immediate start.
2) Competitive salary allowing for a comfortable lifestyle in Indonesia.
3) Additional one month’s salary upon completion of contract.
4) 14 days holiday; additional 2 weeks (during school closure) and up to 15 days public holidays.
5) One-way air fare from country of hire, & airfare to country of origin upon completion of contract.
6) Furnished house (shared with other EF teachers, own room provided) or housing allowance.
7) Full working visa.
8) Medical insurance.
9) Continuous professional development and academic support.
FIVE SKILLS YOU NEED:
1) Accredited TEFL certificate, including teaching practice.
2) Excellent English communication.
3) Enthusiasm for teaching young learners, teenagers and adults.
4) Ability to adapt to challenging situations.
5) Willingness to learn and share skills.
6) Due to strict government immigration regulations we can only consider applicants who are nationals of Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the UK or the USA.
This is an ideal opportunity for those who have recently graduated from a TEFL course.
- Carry out timetable of classes assigned by the Director of Studies and/or Centre Manager, whether in the Centre of Off-Site.
- Teach classes at any levels
- Always give lessons to the highest standards of English language teaching
- Become familiar with the programs and courses of study used at the Centre
- Expose students to their major skills : reading, writing, speaking and listening
- Begin and end classes on time
- Administer tests, exams and assessments according to the Centre’s procedures
- Prepare lessons in advance and ready all equipment before classes begin
- Carry out alternate teaching-related responsibilities, including giving demonstration lessons, facilitating conversation club, leading tutor sessions and giving presentations
- Maintain student and class records
- Complete student progress reports and certificates according to the Centre’s procedures
- Assist in the placement testing and interviewing of new students
- To correct written and spoken tests and supply the Course Consultant with all testing materials and Test results, in a timely fashion
- Take on administrative work and/or projects as directed by the Head Teacher
- Keep equipment and resources in good condition
- Be familiar with the operations manual and administrative procedures employed by the Centre
- Help to organize and/or participate in Centre social, promotional and marketing events