Primary school teachers required for government run scheme in Hong Kong (NETs)
Start Date: August 2014
To apply visit: https://http://www.primeteachers.com/Hong_Kong_Net_Scheme.aspx
Prime Teachers has been selected as the UK recruitment representative for the Hong Kong Education Bureau (HKEDB). We are looking for Native English-speaking Teachers (NETs) to join a popular government run scheme in Hong Kong, starting in August 2014. Successful candidates will be teaching students between the ages of 6 and 12 in aided and government primary schools in Hong Kong. The programme aims to enhance the teaching of English and increase students’ exposure to the English language.
**Prime Teachers have a team dedicated to this project, so our recruitment specialists will be on hand to assist shortlisted candidates throughout the recruitment process. If your CV is considered suitable for this position you will be sent a HKEDB application form to complete and you will have a pre-screen session with a member of our team.
**This position is highly sought after and shortlisted candidates will need to attend a face-to-face interview in London, w/c 17th February 2014
Essential Criteria for Primary Positions(to apply for the positions you MUST meet the client’s following requirements):
* Native English speaker or native English speaking competence
Candidates must fit in to one of the following categories (category 1 being the most preferable):
Bachelor’s Degree in English, recognised teacher training qualification in primary education and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject), recognised teacher training qualification in primary education and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject), recognised teacher training qualification and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Bachelor’s Degree (any subject) and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component.
Recognised teacher’s certificate obtained after at least 2 years’ full-time study or equivalent and TEFL/TESL certificate - at least 100 contact hours and a teaching practicum component
**Please note: qualifications must be recognised by the HKEDB**
* Salary from around HK$23,285– HK$ 47,290 (approx. £1,863* to £3,783*) per month - dependent on qualifications (see categories)
* End of contract gratuity, if performance and conduct have been satisfactory (approximately 15%)
* Return airfare reimbursed per contract (including luggage on first appointment)
* Cash retention incentive provided from third year of continuous service onwards
* Medical insurance allowance
* Housing allowance for teachers whose normal residence is outside Hong Kong (HK$16,859 per month – approximately £1348*)
* Paid holiday as per the academic calendar (number of school days will vary, but the school year must be at least 190 days)
* Two year contract (renewable)
WE WILL NOT CONSIDER OR REPLY TO ANY APPLICATIONS IF YOU DO NOT MEET THE ESSENTIAL CRITERIA LISTED ABOVE SO PLEASE ENSURE YOU MATCH THE DETAILED REQUIREMENTS BEFORE APPLYING
*Based on an exchange rate HK$12.5 = £1 (subject to fluctuation)
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved