Native English Instructors required in Jubail University College
Jubail University College, in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, wishes to invite suitably qualified and experienced male and female candidates to apply for multiple positions of English Language Assistant Professor, Lecturer and Instructor starting in the coming spring/fall semester.
1. At least 2 years of full time, formal English teaching experience at upper secondary or tertiary level (for instructors) and university level (for Lecturer and Assistant Professor).
2. Qualifications & Requirements (instructors):
• A BA degree in English or Linguistics or TESOL, OR
• A bachelor degree in any discipline from an Anglophonic university PLUS a CELTA/Trinity TESOL certificate.
• Be a native English speaker.
3. Qualifications & Requirements (Assistant Professor and Lecturer; only for the female branch):
• PhD/MA in English Literature/Linguistics/TESOL/Translation (English-Arabic).
• Overseas ESL teaching experience, especially in the Middle East.
• DELTA/Trinity/TESOL/TEFL LTCL Diploma.
• At least two years teaching experience, preferably in Gulf countries.
• Married teaching couples are especially welcome.
4. Professional experience in curriculum development.
5. Applicants with administrative and leadership experience in an academic setting would be preferred.
Candidates not meeting experience requirement need not to apply. Preference would be given to PhD holders, only applicant with relevant teaching experience will be considered.
JUC is located in coastal Jubail Industrial City, the heart of the prosperous Eastern province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. English is the medium of instruction at the university.
The offer of employment for the teaching staff JUC includes the following:-
The JUC applicant will have an ATTRACTIVE salary ($ 2,000 – 4,000) which depends on the number of year’s experience for which he is eligible under the prevailing payment policy of the Royal Commission
Upon arrival at the employment location, the employee shall be given free single status furnished housing for which he is eligible under the prevailing RC housing policy. Employee shall be entitled for family accommodation only after successful completion of probationary period.
60 days for teaching and training staff and 45 days for technicians, in addition there are 2 short period vacations at Eid-Al-Fitr, at Ed Al-Adh`ha.
Working hours at JUC are 40 hours from Saturday to Wednesday. The working day is divided into three parts: Teaching hours, Office hours and preparation hours.
These 40 hours are distributed as follows:
•Assistant Professors: 16 Teaching Hours + 15 Office Hours + 9 Preparation Hours.
•Lecturer: 18 Teaching Hours + 12 Office Hours + 10 Preparation Hours.
•Instructor (English): 20 Teaching Hours + 10 Office Hours + 10 Preparation Hours.
Annual round-trip air tickets will be provided once a year for the employee, his wife, and up to two children.
The employee and members of his family will be provided with free health care at the Royal Commission health care facilities.
Education of Children
Two of the employee`s children, under the age of 18, will be provided free education in the schools specified by the Royal Commission.
Settling-in (Start-of Service) Gratuity
Upon appointment the employee will be paid the following allowances:
1. A Family status employee shall receive the following: half month`s salary upon successful completion of the three month probationary period, and the other half upon the arrival of his dependents. The allowance would cover the work visa extraction cost.
2. A Family status employee shall be paid SR 1000, as follows: SR 450 upon successful completion of the three month probationary period. SR 550 when authorized dependents arrive on site.
When renewing the contract the faculty may get an annual increase in the monthly base salary based on his performance in the previous year of service.
The employee will be paid an amount equal to half a month`s salary for each first five years of employment; and one month`s salary for each subsequent year.
•The contract is initially signed for two years. It is then renewable for a year thereafter.
•All teaching staff on family status can bring their families only after the probation period of 90 days or through the prior approval.
•All the salary and benefits are tax-free.
Please visit the recruitment website http://rccis.bayt.com/en/home/. and submit your application online through following steps:
1. Create Username and Password.
2. Create/Post your CV online
3. Search the available jobs
4. Apply to the advertised job that matches your qualification.
Please submit your complete application to: firstname.lastname@example.org