3-Week WINTER CAMP 2014 & 1 YEAR SEOUL-BASED POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Right now we're actively recruiting for both our upcoming 3-week Winter Camp programs & JES Island, our Seoul-based kindergarten school (1-year positions available from March 2014), details for both of which can be found here.
WINTER CAMP 2014
We have limited position availability for the right candidate to join us this coming January for English Camp. The essential details are as follows:
• Camp Dates: January 4th – 24th 2014 (21 day contract)
• Camp Location: Daejeon
• Camp Type: Outsourced (see here for details http://ck.co.kr/teacher/camps/outsourced.asp)
• Provided (all for the duration of the contract): Accommodation, meals, pre-camp orientation (January 4th & 5th), camp apparel, medical insurance.
• Salary: 2,300,000
1- Airfare/Flight is NOT PROVIDED. Applicants must ideally be in Korea or if not be prepared to get to and from Korea to meet the stated contract dates.
2- Visa Restrictions: F-class visa holders or those with Korean work clearance ONLY.
If you hold sufficient Korean work clearance and you would like to join us this winter then we’d love to hear from you. Simply send an e-mail to HR@CK.co.kr with the subject 'Winter Camp Applicant' expressing your interest. We’ll be back in touch shortly thereafter.
In the e-mail please let us know the following four (4) pieces of information -
1. Your Name.
2. Your Age.
3. Your Present Location.
4. Your F-class or Korean visa type (F-1, F-2, F-4 etc.) & its expiry date.
DO NOT SEND US ANY DOCUMENTATION (A CV, A RESUME, QUALIFICATIONS ETC), WITH YOUR E-MAIL, JUST THE 4 PIECES OF INFORMATION REQUESTED ABOVE. FAILING TO FOLLOW THESE SIMPLE INSTRUCTIONS BY SENDING US SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION WILL DISQUALIFY YOU FROM CONSIDERATION (& WE WON'T EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR E-MAIL).
Thank you for your interest in Camp Korea, the first and still the best ESL experience for native English speaking teachers in Korea. We look forward to hearing from you son and seeing you in camp in January.
The Camp Korea Team
JES Island, our central Seoul school established in 2007, is seeking enthusiastic, qualified and dedicated English teachers for the 2014-2015 academic year (1-year contracts starting in late February 2014). This is a kindergarten to elementary (ages 4-11) school so needless to say we’d prefer to hear from applicants who are comfortable dealing with young learners and/or those with early childhood education experience and/or qualifications.
1.0 Position Details
- School Location: The school is located in the Oksu/Geumho district of central Seoul, north (just) of the Han River.
- Working hours: 30 hours per week (Monday/Wednesday/Friday 9:00am-6:20pm, & Tuesday/Thursday 9:00am-5:00pm.
- Apartment/Housing: A single, fully furnished apartment, with all standard amenities & close to the school will, of course, be provided. In lieu of this a housing allowance of KRW400,000 is available, payable each month.
- Round Trip Airfare: Yep, of course.
- Completion Bonus: Yes, 1 month salary upon successful completion for the 1 year/12 month contract.
- Vacation/Holiday Entitlement: 13 paid working days per year plus all Korean national holidays.
- Training: One week at the start of the contract, payable at a rate of KRW70,000 per day.
- Salary: Monthly payment of KRW2,300,000-KRW2,500,000 depending on experience & qualifications.
2.0 Applicant Requirements
- NATIONALITY - Be a native English speaker & hold a valid passport from one of the following countries: USA, Canada, the U.K., Republic of Ireland, Australia, New Zealand or South Africa.
- EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS – A minimum requirement is to be the holder of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university. Applicants with a teaching certificate &/or ESL qualifications are preferred.
- OTHER – Must be enthusiastic, positive & energetic, with a passion for working with the young. Must be able to work well as part of a team; & must be respectful of Korean culture and customs.
Note on the visa:
JES Island will assist successful applicants to obtain the required visa and will advise on the steps required to do so.
3.0 To Apply
If you are interested in this role please forward your resume/CV, complete with a recent photograph & a cover letter, to email@example.com with the subject of 'JES Island Applicant'. We will only advance with applications of those applicants selected for an interview.
Thank you for your interest in JES Island and we hope to hear from you soon.
The Camp Korea/JES Island Team