EFL Professors Wanted
EFL Professors Wanted
Kyung Hee University at Seoul, Korea is seeking several qualified EFL professors (Non-tenure track) for the term of March 1, 2014- February 31, 2016
1. MA and/or above in TESOL, ESL/EFL Education, English Language, Linguistics, Primary or Secondary Education, Intercultural Communication and /or related fields.
2. Applicants should satisfy the specified qualification criteria stated in the Employment Regulations for Private Schools Law.
3. Bilingual teachers are welcome to apply. Please note that they will be requested to assist with additional translation / interpretation work alongside teaching.
Salary and Benefits
1. Annual starting salary will be approximately 38,500,000won (based on qualifications. (may vary depending on previous experience)
2. The contract is viable for 2 years and renewable for another contract term on good standing.
3. Entitled to 8 weeks (4 weeks in summer and 4 weeks in winter) of paid vacation per year
4. Private school pension and medical insurance
5. Basic furnished accommodation supplied by the Institute of International Education with minimum rental fees
1. 12 hours per week teaching load with overtime pay for additional hours (30,000 won per hour)
2. Teach non-credit programs and special language courses at the Institute of International Education
3. 3 office hours per week
4. Participation in all school activities (faculty meetings, conferences, seminars, opening ceremonies and graduation, etc.)
How to Apply
1. Apply by email until December 6th (Friday), 2013
Applicants successfully passing the first round of document review should submit the followings for further interview:
1. Cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae with current contact information and official statements of current employment and experience
3. One copy each of undergraduate and graduate diplomas
4. One copy of each undergraduate and graduate transcript sealed
5. One copy of passport
6. A list of three references, one of which must be from your current employer
with contact numbers (must be signed, dated, and properly sealed.)
7. Criminal record check
8. Medical check-up record
9. Three recent passport size photos
All documentation should be received by December 13th (Fri) at the latest (Submission to different departments on campus is NOT possible).
Standards and Procedures
a. First Step: Determining qualifications of applicants and the field of study
(Nov. 22nd- December 6th, 2013)
b. Second Step: Presentation and Interview for the applicants who are selected after the first step (TBA later) conducted by the Institute of International Education (Dec. 14th-15th, 2013)
Inquiries should be directed to:
The Institute of International Education
Kyung Hee University
1 Hoegi-dong, Dongdaemun-gu
Seoul, Korea 130-701
For information about the institute refer to http://iie.khu.ac.kr and about the university, refer to http://www.khu.ac.kr.