Vocational Training Council
Native-speaking English Teacher (NET)
Post Reference: C/NET_TEACHER/11/13-MA3
We are looking for native-speaking English candidates to take up teaching positions as Lecturer or Teaching Associate in Hong Kong.
To (a) perform teaching duties, including supervision of students' projects and fieldwork; (b) carry out duties in relation to student and academic administration; (c) organize campus-wide extra-curricular English activities for students; (d)coordinate language enhancement activities; (e) develop course curriculum and teaching / learning / assessment materials; (f)implement the VTC's quality assurance policy; and (g) participate in departmental projects and functions, including research studies, seminars and exhibitions, where necessary.
The applicant should: (a) be a native-speaker of English (English being the person's native language) or possess native-speaker's competence; (b) have a relevant recognized undergraduate degree or equivalent* (e.g. English Language / Language Studies or Linguistics (Majoring in English) / English Literature / English & Communication / Translation (English subject)), preferably with post-graduate qualifications; (c) have at least three years relevant teaching experience#; (d) possess good interpersonal, communication, presentation and facilitation skills; and (e) be a good team player but also be able to work on own initiative and willing to meet challenges.
* Applicants with a recognized degree in a non-relevant field but a recognized and relevant English-teaching qualification may also apply, subject to the number of hours of instruction and practicum. Such relevant English-teaching qualifications include Postgraduate Certificate / Diploma in Education (Majoring in English) and other programs with assessed practicum (e.g. English for Specific Purposes (ESP), CELTA, Trinity CertTESOL and English-teaching certification recognized by TESL Canada).
# The three years relevant teaching experience should be full-time teaching of English subject at the level of Grade 10 or Form 4 or above. Candidates with less experience may be considered for the post of Teaching Associate.
Salary and Conditions:
1. The monthly salaries are
Lecturer : Around HK$37,000
Teaching Associate : Around HK$22,000
2. Initial appointment will be on a 2-year contract from end August 2014.
3. Employees may receive performance pay at the Council's discretion.
1. Medical insurance will be provided.
2. Staff quarters on shared accommodation basis in Chai Wan, passage and baggage allowance will be provided foreligible appointeeswhose current / normal place of residence is proven to be outside Hong Kong.
(a) Dulycompleted and signed application form[VTC-1N(Rev. 11/2013)],together with a full curriculum vitae and copies of relevant documents, should be senteither by posttoManpower Planning and Appointment Section (Team 3), Human Resources Division, Vocational Training Council, 18/F, VTC Tower, 27 Wood Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong,by email email@example.com,or by fax to(852) 2575 3967.Please specify thePost Referenceon the application form and the envelope. Incomplete application will not be processed.
(b) The application form[VTC-1N]is available from the websitehttp://www.vtc.edu.hk/hrd/VTC_1N_Rev_11_2013.doc
(c) Shortlisted applicants are required to attend an interview and a written test in Hong Kong (on the same day).
(d) Please indicate in your application letter whether you will be available to attend the interview + written test in Hong Kong if you are shortlisted. Tentatively, they are scheduled for February / March 2014.
(e) Partial Travelling Expenses will be reimbursed up to HK$1,000 for eligible interviewees traveling to Hong Kong from overseas.
(f) For any enquiries, please send them firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Application (latest postmark date): 30 November 2013
Applicants not invited for interview in February / March 2014 may consider their applications unsuccessful. The Council reserves the right not to fill the post(s). Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only and will be destroyed within 24 months.
3. Contact name and email
Human Resources Division, Vocational Training Council
4. Website of the VTC