YBM HEAD OFFICE is Now Hiring for its ADULT LEARNERS Division
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join their teams of instructors in Busan, Daegu, Incheon, Seongnam and Seoul. Korea’s #1 EFL organization for the last eleven years running, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are 100 % guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors, instructors are are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Listening, Business English, English for Academic Purposes, and English for Test Preparation classes. Instructors make used of standardized lesson materials and texts, as well as being given opportunities to assist in curriculum development and peer training. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience (no babysitting). Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the 1st of the month.
Busan: YBM Busan – January; YBM Premier Seomyun* – January
Daegu: YBM Premier Dongseungro* - January; YBM Daegu - February
Incheon: YBM Bupyeong - January
Seongnam: YBM Bundang – January
Seoul: ELS Jongno* – January; YBM English One to One(Jongno)* - Dec/Jan;
YBM English One to One (Gangnam)* - Dec/Jan; ELS Gangnam*– January, March
*ELS, Premier, and English One to One positions require at least one year of full-time, continuous EFL teaching experience with adults in a school setting.
Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month (depending on qualifications)
** Possibility to make over 3.0 million won with overtime **
Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week.
• PREPAID, round trip airfare.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Paid training sessions with YBM Language Institutes teacher trainer.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary + bi-monthly performance bonuses.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate degree from Australia, Canada, New
Zealand, South Africa, the United States, or the United Kingdom
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience preferred
To apply for the above positions, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment
history, and employment references).
• Scanned copies of your passport information page, apostilled federal-level
criminal record check (fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens,
and apostilled university diploma (regardless of current visa status, for
Ministry of Education registration).
• Scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back), if residing in Korea
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.