ESLstarter are looking for graduates to teach English at public schools throughout SouthKoreastarting February 2014.
9 Great Reasons to Teach with the Public School Program in SouthKorea
- Earn a fantastic local salary which will enable you to enjoy a very comfortable lifestyle and pay off student loans.
- Free fully furnished private accommodation provided.
- Receive a flight allowance ofKRW2,600,000.
- Make new friends and share this adventure with hundreds of other candidates from the UK, USA, SA, AUS, IRE and NZ who will be starting inFebruary.
- Full orientation and training provided.
- Receive a completion bonus.
- Every class has a Korean co-teacher to help you.
- Generous holiday allowance giving you the chance to exploreKoreaand other exciting parts of Asia!
- One year contract.
- Start date: mid-February(full orientation to be followed by placement at assigned school)
- Teach Elementary, Middle or High school (depending on preference)
- Working days: Monday - Friday
- Working hours: 8.30AM - 4.30PM or 9AM -5PM (depending on school)
- Total hours: 22 classes per week (so 3 or 4 classes per day)
About my role
- Teach conversational English to enthusiastic classes of Korean students
- Student evaluation
- Prep class
- Develop curriculum and teaching materials
- Assist with activities related to English language education
- Share your culture and experiences with young Korean learners
Salary & Benefits
-KRW1.9 -KRW2.7 monthly salary (depending on experience)
-KRW1,300,000 Entrance Allowance to cover flight cost intoKorea
-KRW1,300,000 Exit Allowance upon completion of contract
- Rural Allowance + Provincial allowance (depending on location)
-KRW300,000 Settlement Allowance (one time payment)
- Free fully furnished housing or, where housing is not available, arent subsidy ofKRW400,000 monthly
- 3 Weeks PAID vacation (8 day summer recess, 10 day winter recess) + approximately 12 national holidays
- 22 hours of class teaching required per week
- Overtime pay orKRW20,000 per hour per supplementary class
- Severance pay equivalent to one month's salary
- Tax exemption for 2 years apart from Canadians due to lack of ROK Treaty
- Compulsory medical insurance -50% of premiums paid by employer
- National Pension scheme -50% of contributions paid by employer
- Full 8 day orientation
- One year contract
-All national holidays
Why ESL starter?
- We have been an official EPIK recruiter for5years
- We place 100s of teachers onto the EPIK program each year
- Our helpful staff have all taught English inKoreaat some point!
- We will get back to you on your questions in double-quick time!
- We are passionate about making the application process as smooth and straightforward as possible
Read testimonials from EPIK teachers who have used ESLstarter to secure placement on the program here:
A country of soaring mountains, ancient fortresses, resplendent palaces, futuristic cities and50 million welcominghand-shakes,Koreaoffers an endless array of experiences! Slurp at mouthwatering kimchi soup, check-out ancient temples hidden amongst Seoul's tangled side-streets, soak up the bohemian atmosphere of remote mountain towns or just unwind in one ofKorea's soothing hot spring spas. The ''Soul of Asia'' welcomes you!
From laid-back beach-side town to traditional mountain community to buzzing urban metropolis, we can help you secure the location that you really want.
The following cities and provinces are available for the February 2014 in-take:
++Busan ++Chungbuk ++Chungnam ++Daegu ++Daejeon ++Gangwon ++Gwangju ++Gyeongbuk ++Gyeongnam ++Incheon ++Jeju ++Jeonbuk ++Jeonnam ++Seoul ++Ulsan
The key to securing your top location preference is to apply early!
Skills & Qualities
We are looking for enthusiastic, passionate people who can commit themselves to a year of working with these schools.As a teacher you will have full classroom responsibilities including creating lesson plans, student assessment, and curriculum development. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved something special, to gain a real insight intoKorea's unique culture, and to influence the lives and community of Koreans young and old. Experience isaplus but not essential! Sound interesting? Then why not apply now!
- Nationality of UK, IRE, USA, CAN, AUS, NZ or SA (due to visa requirements)
- Bachelors degree (any field)
- Commitment toa1 year contract
For an application pack, please email us withacopy of your resume:email@example.com