English Language Teacher Trainers in Malaysia
CfBT Education Trust is pre-screening English Language Teacher Trainers for a major project in Malaysia. This ambitious initiative involves improving both the proficiency and the pedagogy of English teachers across the nation.
You will have the opportunity to utilise your teacher training and mentoring skill to make a real difference to the quality of English language teaching and learning. To be successful in this role, you will need to be independent, flexible, resilient and self-motivated. Many postings will be in remote, rural locations and while we provide an extensive professional and pastoral support network you will need to be comfortable with often being the sole trainer in the community you work in.
Criteria 1: Academic and Professional Qualifications
• Candidates must have a degree in English / TESL / TEFL / ELT; or
• Candidates with degrees in other disciplines must have a Diploma in TESL /TEFL /ELT ; or
• A Masters in English / TESL / TEFL /ELT
Criteria 2: English Language Proficiency
• Candidates must submit a valid proficiency certification. Certification must be calibrated against CEFR, eg IELTS, TOEFL, Aptis
Criteria 3: Teaching Experience
• Have a minimum of at least five years’ experience teaching English language; AND
• Have some experience in teacher training in English language teaching;
It would be an added advantage if candidates:
• have conducted in-house training for lecturers
• have conducted CPD courses for school teachers
• have written materials/ resources for English Language teaching
Criteria 4: Soft skills
It is essential that trainers have the soft skills required to deal with adult learners who in some cases may also be reluctant learners. Trainers should, ideally, also understand the cultural context of working in Malaysia.
To apply for this role please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
About CfBT Education Trust
CfBT Education Trust is the leading not-for-profit international education consultancy. We have delivered education reform projects in over 80 countries spanning language learning, national education reform, school improvement, teacher training and curriculum design. Our global mission is to advance education for public benefit.
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved