Applications open in Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
Applications open in Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
With a brand established through 130 years of experience using a unique teaching method, come and be part of Berlitz…the leading language learning School in the world today.
Berlitz Al-Ahsa consists of two men and two ladies language schools, situated in the Eastern Province of Saudi Arabia. Our language schools are part of the international network of Berlitz language schools and fully apply the Berlitz teaching methodology. We are currently expanding our operations and are accepting applications from qualified ESOL instructors to teach English on two-year renewable contracts.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Classroom instruction using the Berlitz English language programs and supplementary programs such as TOEFL preparation. Berlitz classes are organised via time segments (units) of 45 minutes each. Students enrolled in a Berlitz course normally take 2 units a day for a few weeks. The number of weeks depend on the number of students in the class (i.e. the more the number of students, the more weeks the instructor needs to complete the course level). The Berlitz English programme is organised into 10 levels, which take the learner from absolute beginner to native-like fluency. Each level takes between 4 and 8 weeks to complete, depending on the number of students in the class. Teachers are required to provide progress reports and final marks for each group.
• Attending the Full training in the Berlitz Method and achieving a passing mark. Berlitz language programmes utilise the world-renowned Berlitz Method, in which all speaking and learning is conducted in the target language. A communicative approach is used, based on listening and speaking, supplementing study with relevant reading and writing exercises. Class sizes are limited to 15 students or less for a maximum of student/teacher interaction
• Attending regular teaching workshops/improvement meetings and any training as required.
• Working hours: Contract is for 8 hours per day: 7.5 hours of classroom instruction and 0.5 hours class preparatory and administrative work. Overtime is paid for any additional classroom instruction.
• The language centre opens 5 days per week for classroom instruction from Sunday to Thursday. Saturdays are reserved for meetings and staff training purposes only.
Characteristics, Qualifications and Experience of Instructors
• Applicants must be native-born English speakers. Single teachers as well as married teaching couples are welcome to apply. For couples, both the husband and wife need to be qualified with a minimum of 1 year formal teaching experience.
• The following combinations represent the minimum qualifications and experience required to work at Berlitz AlAhsa:
- BA (in any discipline) + 12 months English teaching experience in a formal school environment (public and private school teachers are accepted).
- BA + PGCE (or BEd) + 12 months teaching experience in a formal school environment.
- BA + PGCE (or BEd) + successful completion of NQT year.
- BA + CELTA or equivalent + 12 months TESOL experience in a language center.
• Other qualifications and/or experience of a similar standard may be considered
Salary and Benefits
• Starting basic salary is dependent on qualifications and experience.
• Teaching overtime is compensated at a rate of 1.5 times an instructor’s basic hourly pay rate.
• All compensation is tax-free.
• 30 days’ paid leave per year with round tickets.
• 9 days paid leave for public holidays.
• Medical insurance provided.
• Furnished single person’s or family accommodation provided, rent-free.
• Re-imbursement of air passage to Saudi Arabia.
• Possible annual salary increase based on performance.
• End-of-service award after 24 months service.
To apply, please submit the following to email@example.com:
• Covering letter explaining your interest in working for Berlitz Al-Ahsa, Saudi Arabia
• Detailed CV
• Clear photo
• A scan copy of the passport information page
• A scan copy of academic certificates
• A scan copy of academic transcripts showing the GPA or final grades
• Two recent letters of reference with contact telephone numbers and email for the referees
All of the above documents are required for an applicant to be considered. Incomplete applications will result in delays to the recruitment process.
We wish you all the best with your application!
Copyright © 2004-2015 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved