Algonquin College is one of the largest Colleges of Applied Arts and Technology in Canada providing education in business, advanced technologies, skilled trades, health, community studies, hospitality, media, police and public safety to more than 18,000 full time and 36,000 part time students annually at three campuses in Eastern Ontario. Algonquin continues to expand its international reach with the launch of a new campus in Jazan, Saudi Arabia. The Government of Saudi Arabia has entered into partnerships with leading colleges in Canada, the United States, the United Kingdom and Spain to provide technical training to Saudis and to create a highly skilled national workforce to meet labour market needs. Algonquin College has been selected as one of the education providers for this Colleges of Excellence (CoE) model initiated by the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC) and spanning across eight cities in Saudi Arabia.
Under the direction of the Director, Preparatory Year Program, the Professor is responsible for facilitating and guiding learning and providing an effective learning environment for all students. The professional responsibilities include:
The design/revision/updating of courses, including:
- consulting with program and course administrators and other faculty members, advisory committees and a variety of potential employers and students
- defining learning outcomes and evaluating and validating these outcomes
- incorporating educational technologies to meet the learning needs of 21stCentury students
- reviewing and revising curriculum and participating in professional development activities during non-teaching periods
The teaching of assigned courses, including:
- delivery of regularly scheduled instruction
- ensuring student awareness of course learning outcomes and evaluation techniques
- providing tutoring and academic advising for students both in and out of class
- providing a learning environment which makes effective use of available resources including educational technologiesand the College approved Learning Management System
- evaluating student progress/achievement and assuming responsibility for the overall assessment of the student’s work within assigned courses
- the development and creation of a learning environment that is conducive to success for all students
The provision of academic leadership, including:
- providing guidance to students and colleagues relative to the professors’ teaching assignments
- participating in the work of curriculum and other consultative committees, and departmental/ faculty meetings
- liaising with community members, engaging in program and College promotion
- remaining current in the field of study and maintain awareness of emerging trends and practices related to teaching , learning in higher education and international education
- Graduate Certificate in teaching English as a second language (TESL): minimum one year program (specify institution and year of completion)
- Minimum of an Undergraduate Degree. Preference will be given to applicants with a Master’s Degree in Education, Linguistics or TESL (specify institution and year of completion).
- Minimum of two years’ experience teaching ESL with preference given to Academic ESL experience.
- Experience teaching ESL offshore an asset
- Demonstrated knowledge of Algonquin College’s preferred teaching competencies as set out in the Professor of the 21st Century document: http://www.algonquincollege.com/employee-pd/documents/prof-21-expanded.p df
- Computer literacy
- Strong knowledge of various language software programs preferred
- Strong background and knowledge in ESL curriculum development preferred
- Ability to work in ESL and TESL programs preferred
Attractive compensation package including annual bonus, travel, accommodation, vacation, benefits, as well as comprehensive orientation. If you possess a sense of adventure, are culturally aware and a have a desire to experience Saudi Arabia we want to hear from you!
To apply, forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com quoting competition #ACJ-003-13. We thank all interested parties; however, only those applicants under consideration will be contacted.
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved