Online Teachers Needed
Who we are:
We are an online provider of English language lessons based in Hong Kong and China. We connect teachers located in other countries with students located in Hong Kong and China in order to provide English language lessons via virtual classrooms.
Whom we are looking for:
- is passionate about teaching
- is punctual, has strong sense of responsibility
- is patient and kind
- is able to explain advanced grammar clearly and correct student writing in terms word choice, grammar, sentence structure, paragraph structure, style, etc. In short, the person should have strong foundation in English (preferably someone who reads extensively)
- is a native speaker
- has Internet upload speed of at least 521kps (DSL, Cable, Fiber Optic)
- has high quality webcam, headset and a computer with at least 512MB RAM
What we offer:
- Flexible hours and work location (at your own home or anywhere quiet, i.e., not a cafe, bar, airport, etc)
- The opportunity to interact directly with other cultures from the comfort of your home
How does it work:
- Each lesson lasts 60 minutes, and will be conducted via proprietary video conferencing software that has whiteboard, video and audio.
- Lessons are one on one
- Once we allocate a student to you, you are committed to teaching the same student for a minimum of 3 months. There is otherwise no contract term
- You are required to be well prepared prior to the lessons
- Our students usually take lessons between 5pm and 10pm Hong Kong time during the week and between 9am and 10pm HK time during weekends.
To apply, please email your resume and a picture to email@example.com. Application process:
1. 30 minute Skype video interview
2. Document submission - a scanned copy of your transcripts, diplomas, recommendation letters, certificates and 200 word biography. We will verify the information submitted.
3. Software installation and training
4. 60 minute general training
5. One hour trial lesson