EFL Instructional Positions for Men
INTERLINK Language Centers/English Language Academy
Technical and Vocational Training Colleges of Saudi Arabia
EFL Instructional Positions for Men
Available Immediately and Fall 2013
For more than three decades, INTERLINK has been offering intensive English language training, academic preparation, and cultural orientation to students, scholars and professionals from around the world at its US university centers.
With over a decade of operations in Saudi Arabia, INTERLINK is now entering its third year of a contractual agreement with the Technical and Vocational Training Corporation (TVTC), a Saudi government organization overseeing the country’s colleges of technology and telecommunication. The goal of the program is to prepare students for different professional functions needing English as a medium of communication. Most students are preparing for the workplace, while a small number also continue to higher education either in the Kingdom or abroad.
For more comprehensive information, please visit http://www.INTERLINK.edu.
Candidates for these positions must:
• Be citizens of English speaking countries with native or near-native fluency in English (Non-native English speakers may be considered if their undergraduate credentials are from an English-speaking country)
• Have an undergraduate degree (BA/BS) in English, education or a related field (NB: The Saudi government does not recognize online degrees or certificates; all must be residential.)
• Hold a CELTA or an SIT TESOL Certificate or equivalent (at least 120 hour of instruction; online certificates will not be considered)
• Have experience with zero beginners
• Have strong computer skills
• Have a minimum of one year of ESL/EFL teaching experience with adult learners
Preference will be given to those who can have/demonstrate:
• Advanced training/MA in TESL
• Creativity and flexibility to adapt to a learner-centered program using an experiential, content-based and needs-based approach
• Ability to adapt to a way of life requiring understanding, conformity, and flexibility
• Commitment to students, the profession, and innovative approaches to teaching method
• Fluency in other languages and/or Peace Corps or similar service/work experience in another country
• Experience with course management systems
• 20 hours of weekly instruction of core classes, plus 10 hours weekly of work on individualized instruction, which includes supervision of student work done in core classes, labs, or any other language needs students may have
• Record-keeping, grading, and report-writing
• Initial placement testing of students
• Keeping office hours for meetings with students
• Participation in faculty meetings, committees, and professional development
SALARY, BENEFITS AND TERMS
• $35,750 - $42,500 salary per annum, commensurate with experience
• Annual renewable contracts.
• Local holidays and 45 days of paid summer vacation
• Round-trip transportation to and from Saudi Arabia
• Local transportation to and from the campus Furnished housing (two- to three-bedroom apartments to be shared by two instructors)
• Medical insurance, with 10% co-pay
• 5% end-of-service bonus for renewal of 12-month contract
• Growth opportunities within the Kingdom and in the U.S. for successful employees
To apply, please visit http://apply.tvtcinterlink.net
NB: Due to the strict governmental regulations and the challenge of obtaining work visas, applicants from non-English-speaking countries cannot be considered. Applicants not meeting requirements will not be acknowledged.