Teach in Guatemala!
JOIN OUR TEAM IN GUATEMALA!!! HIGH SCHOOL MATH, MIDDLE SCHOOL LANGUAGE ARTS, SOCIAL STUDIES AND ALL SUBJECTS IN ELEMENTARY.
TO BEGIN JUNE 2013.
Colegio Decroly Americano, is a private, coeducational, bilingual (English-Spanish),and a non sectarian school, founded by Fomento Educativo in 1993. The school was established with the purpose of offering an education based on excellence.
WE INVITE YOU TO EXPLORE THE POSSIBILITY OF JOINING OUR TEAM OF PROFESSIONALS...
The institution offers interested candidates the opportunity to acquire experience in the education field through a teaching exchange program.
The ideal candidates must have classroom experience and/or a degree in education. Teaching certification a plus. This program also
offers newly graduated teachers the the opportunity to build up their resume and gain experience in a classroom setting.
Minimum qualifications: B.A. B.S.
• Must be a highly qualified and competent individual who has the ability to teach at all levels of the area of expertise and is committed to the welfare and education of all students.
• Will develop a balanced program following pre-established standards, with appropriate activities designed to encourage pupils to develop good skills and attitudes.
• Will establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
• Will evaluate each student’s development in the course(s) being taught and prepare necessary reports. Must communicate students' progress to parents on a regular basis through written reports.
• Ability/knowledge to write weekly teaching plans is a must.
The curriculum is articulated from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th. grade modeled after US private schools. It is focused on a standard based education that fosters: Intellectual,emotional and physical skills, positive social interaction, creative and critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation.
• Emphasis in teaching the English Language with 80% of the overall school
curriculum taught in English.
• On-going professional development programs.
• Academic guidance and counseling program.
• Systematic and continuous evaluation criteria, to ensure students academic
and personal achievement.
• Programs to assist the individual needs of students
January through October with a mid-year break. In order to accommodate
international candidates some positions begin the first week in June.
From Monday to Thursday classes are held from 7:30 to 3:00 p.m.; on Friday,
classes are held from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Fridays afternoon are used for
BENEFITS OFFERED THROUGH THE EDUCATIONAL EXCHANGE PROGRAM
CDA requires a one year commitment in order to offer a contract. The year could be either for one full academic year beginning the first weekday in January and ending the second Friday in November or beginning the first weekend in June and ending the second Friday of next June. Participants may stay longer if they wish to do so.
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• Air fare from the U.S. and Canada only (the return portion will be provided upon completion of the contract)
• Housing is provided in a shared two-bedroom furnished apartment that
includes all basic utilities, cable, internet, electricity, etc.
• Local medical insurance
• Transportation to/from school on school buses
• Cell phone
• After-school clubs/tutorials for an additional stipend.
*The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank.
The monthly stipend is paid in local currency, and it is goes from US$ 1,100.00 to
1,200.00, the cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries.
Send Resume, Cover Letter and a recent photo to: Ana Escobedo firstname.lastname@example.org