Certified teachers & English content writers needed to start Early January
Certified teachers & English content writers needed to start Early January: Monthly Pay 2.55~2.95 Million Won based on Merits, 4 Weeks Paid Vacation, National Pension
KnK International Homeschool, which is located in Bundang, a satellite suburb of Seoul, is looking for qualified native teachers and English content writers (for our school online English programs) who can start to work from January 5, 2015.
This is the perfect job for teachers who are looking for a wonderful school that includes the strengths of a 'standard' system without all the administrative red-tape.
The teacher will teach North American Elementary or Middle School subjects such as Language Arts, Science and Social Studies, from standard native-English texts (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Scholastic, etc.). We use a modified North American curriculum, with small class sizes (a maximum of 8 students per class), and MOST of the students either have already, or will soon, study & live overseas. The students are from 1st Grade to 9th Grade in Korean public/private schools.
We prefer certified teachers who have previous teaching experience, from the U.S.A, Canada and/or another country’s elementary or middle school system.
Those given the responsibility of English content writers will create English on/off line content for our homeschool program. Examples of this content include scripts, stories, and workbooks from preschool to Gr.3 level.
We prefer writers who have previous teaching experience and a great deal of writing experience especially for creating stories and developing children’s English on/off line contents.
* Native English Speaker
* BA/BS (or higher) in Elementary Education, English (Literature), History and other relevant majors (Speech Communications, Theater, Early Childhood, etc.)
* Preference is given to Certified Teachers, but a combination of TEFL/TESOL/CELTA certification and work experience will also be considered.
1) Teaching position
* maximum 22.5-25 teaching hours a week (Teacher will teach a maximum of 30 classes at 45-50 minutes, each) and work 5 days a week (Monday through Friday). Except for RARE cases, there are NO Saturday classes.
* Detailed working hours
Mon~ Fri. 1:30pm (at the earliest during regular terms) - 10:00 pm (at the latest in regular terms) / During the regular semester, our school classes begin at 4 p.m and end at 9:30 p.m.
* No Split Shifts
* During Our Summer and Winter Intensives: Classes run Mon. thru Fri. 12:30 pm - 9:30 pm, therefore, possibilities exist for teachers to collect great over-time during intensive months (usually held in August and January).
2) Writing position
Mon.~Fri. 10:00am – 7:00pm (lunch break: 1pm~2pm)
3. Salary: Basic Monthly Salary, Quarterly ‘Merit’ Bonuses, and Severance
* Monthly salary will be determined based on applicant’s education, qualifications, and teaching experience.(2.55-2.75 monthly salary before added Merit bonus)
*'Merit' quarterly bonuses will be given at the end of each quarter, depending on a teacher’s or writer's performance in the previous three months.
* The “Merit Bonus” structure is as follows:
‘Good’ Evaluation = 300,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
‘Very Good’ Evaluation = 400,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
‘Excellent’ Evaluation = 600,000 won EXTRA for that quarter
(Almost all of our school staff have received ‘excellent’ evaluations and full bonuses for the past 5 years)
* Severance pay (or the equivalent of 1 month's basic salary) will be given after the completion of a one-year contract.
4. Benefits & Taxes
* Single furnished housing that is comfortable and convenient
* 500,000 Won per month will be given as a housing allowance if the teacher does not need furnished housing provided.
* Round-trip Airfare
* 20,000 Won per hour for overtime
* 4 weeks paid vacation and all national holidays
* Medical insurance premium and national pension will be co-shared
* Income tax will be deducted at the standard National rate
5. Documents required:
* Scanned transcripts (for our files, originals are no longer required)
* Cover letter, explaining your goals and motivation for teaching in Korea
* Resume, with a recent photo
* Copy of university diploma. For Canadians, notarized by a notary public and certified by Korean consulate. For others, the diploma needs to be notarized and apostilled. Again, a scan/copy is fine for the initial application. Please note that the Korean Ministry of Education may require an original diploma to be presented after arrival.
* Copy of inside passport page with date of birth and nationality shown
* Two letters of recommendation, written by former employers.
* Copy of teacher certification (optional, but HIGHLY recommended)
* Applicant’s Health Statement (after offer of employment is made, please note that drug tests have been fully reinstated by Korean immigration)
* A criminal record check certificate. Again, scan is fine for initial application. (In order to accept the position at KnK, a criminal record certificate must be prepared in advance. Please note Federal checks are now required.)
* Writing Portfolio: English content writers only!
All documents can be submitted through mail or e-mail. If all of the required documents are not submitted, our recruitment process will not be initiated. Please apply to our teaching position only after preparing all documents.
It is also important for you to be up to date on the latest Korean employment and immigration rules and regulations. Therefore, we strongly advise you to please contact your nearest Korean consulate to confirm any recent changes.
Also, we invite you to visit our school website (in English) to get more information about our location, teachers, and program in advance.
Website: http://www.knkschool.com/intro , hub.cappytown.com(online school)
After then, if you have any more questions about our school job offer, please contact Mr. June-Seop Kim (firstname.lastname@example.org)
KnK International Homeschool
603 Kwang-chun Plaza, Dolmaro 46, Bundang-gu,
Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do 463-808, Republic of Korea
This is a GREAT job offer, working in a fun and professional environment. We expect a fair number of qualified applicants to apply quickly, and will try to fill this position soon!!!