Teachers Needed - Discover the Beauty of Guatemala!
Discover the beauty of Guatemala and learn from our culture...we have several positions to begin January 2013.
Colegio Decroly Americano, is a private, coeducational, bilingual (English-Spanish), and a non sectarian school, founded by Fomento Educativo in 1993. The school was established with the purpose of offering an education based on excellence.
Our mission is to provide students with a challenging academic program in English and Spanish while fostering the values of responsibility, independence, respect, creativity and critical thinking, thereby preparing them for a productive adulthood.
The curriculum is articulated from Pre-Kindergarten to 12th. grade modeled after US private schools. It is focused on a standard based education that fosters: Intellectual, emotional and physical skills, positive social interaction, creative and critical thinking and aesthetic appreciation.
We are currently looking for teachers in all disciplines for Elementary, Middle and High School. The ideal candidates should fulfill the following requirements:
• Must be a highly qualified and competent individual who has the ability to teach at all levels of the area of expertise and is committed to the welfare and education of all students.
• Will develop a balanced program following pre-established standards, with appropriate activities designed to encourage pupils to develop good skills and attitudes.
• Will establish and maintain standard of pupil behavior needed to provide an orderly, productive classroom environment.
• Will evaluate each student’s development in the course(s) being taught and prepare necessary reports. Must communicate students' progress to parents on a regular basis through written reports.
• Ability/knowledge to write weekly teaching plans is a must.
B.A. B.S. in teaching preferred, teaching certificate is not required, however the ideal candidate must have experience working with students in a structured environment. This is a great opportunity for newly graduates who wish to start a career in the teaching field.
CDA requires a one year commitment in order to offer a contract to international teachers. The year could be either for one full academic year beginning the first weekday in January and ending the second Friday in November or beginning the first weekend in June and ending the second Friday of next June. Teachers may stay longer if they wish to do so.
• Monthly stipend paid in local currency
• Air fare (the return portion will be provided upon completition of the contract)
• Housing is provided in a shared two bedroom furnished apartment that includes all basic utilities, cable, internet, electricity, etc.
• Local medical insurance
• Immigration arrangements
• Transportation to/from school on school buses
• Cell phone
• Teachers are able to work in the after-school clubs/tutorials for an additional pay.
*The school opens a bank account and debit card with a local bank.
The monthly stipend is paid in local currency, and it is goes from US$ 1,100.00 to 1,200.00, the cost of living in Guatemala is less expensive than in the US or even other South American countries.
To apply: Contact Ana Luisa Escobedo firstname.lastname@example.org