English Native Instructor Positions Available
Who can apply?
Single Male, Single Female, and Teaching Couple English Instructors from the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Ireland, New Zealand and South Africa are welcomed to apply. Instructors residing within KSA can also apply for temporary employments.
What are the Visa requirements?
Berlitz will provide appropriate work visas to enter Saudi Arabia and work at Berlitz. You will need a valid passport and a university degree to be eligible.
What is the Job Description?
Instructors are expected to deliver classroom instruction in the main Berlitz English language programs and supplementary programs such as TOEFL preparation or phonics/literacy to all students ages ranging from 9 year old kids to adults. Berlitz language programmes utilise the world-renowned Berlitz Method, in which all speaking and learning is conducted in the target language. A communicative approach is used, based on listening and speaking, supplementing study with relevant reading and writing exercises. Class sizes are limited to 15 students or less for a maximum of student/teacher interaction
What development support to teachers are provided?
Full training in the Berlitz Method is given to all new teachers over a period of at least 3 fully paid days.
What are the working Conditions?
(1) Working hours: Contract is for 8 hours per day.
(2) Centre opening hours are from Saturday to Wednesday, with a half day on Thursdays. Classes may sometimes fall on a Thursday and sometimes in a split shift.
What are the minimum qualifications and experience required?
(1) Applicants must be native-born English speakers
(2) A university BA, BSc, MA, or MSc degree in any area of study is accepted with preference to language related studies. Experience in teaching English is highly regarded and will affect the pay offer. The type of degree and years of teaching experience will decide the appropriate pay scale for the applicant. Berlitz applies a well-researcherd pay-scale that maps qualification to appropriate pay.
(3) Teaching overtime is compensated at a rate of 1.5 times an instructorʼs basic (non- overtime) hourly pay rate
(4) All compensation is tax-free
(5) 30 daysʼ paid leave per each year contract.
(6) At least 8 daysʼ (normally 2 weeksʼ) paid leave for public holidays (1 week for Eid al-Fitr, 1 week for Eid al-Adha and 1 day for national day). This applies to 2-year contracts.
(7) Medical insurance .
(8) Semi-furnished single personʼs or family accommodation provided, rent-free
(9) Air passage to Saudi Arabia reimbursed
(10) Return air passage to and from point of origin provided, on each annual leave
(11) Annual salary increase, dependent on performance
(12) End-of-service award
How can I apply?
Simple! Send your application to :
You must send ALL the following to be considered:
(1) Resume (with references)
(2) Clear passport copy
(3) Clear degree copy
(4) A clear recent photo
Make sure you state in your email the date preference for you to relocate to Saudi Arabia. If you are already in Saudi Arabia, then your preferred date to travel to AlAhsa city.