McGill University- English–language Trainers for International Project
The McGill School of Continuing Studies (SCS) serves over 12,000 learners each year through a wide variety of credit and non-credit learning options. The SCS Language and Intercultural Communication unit seeks English-language Trainers (ELT) for a training project with a partner in Saudi Arabia.
Duration: a total of 9.5 months (possibility for renewal). The tentative start date is September 22, 2011.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Teaching 20 hours weekly
• Attending to student needs and lesson preparation during the 10 office hours designated for such purposes
• Participating in coordination/pedagogical meetings and training sessions- 5 hours on needs basis
• Developing lesson plans and assessments
• Performing other academic activities related to the position
Education, skills, expertise and desired attributes:
• Minimum Bachelor degree in English, or any other related field plus a teaching certificate (Cambridge CELTA, Trinity Cert. TESOL or TOEFL); Masters or equivalent preferred;
• Experience in ELT (ESL, EFL, EAP, ESP)
• Experience in lesson planning, pedagogical materials development, test writing/assessment
• Cultural sensitivity and experience with diversity
• Professional ethics
• Creativity and initiative
Job related benefits:
• Competitive monthly salary, paid in Canadian dollars
• Housing provided: Fully furnished shared western style accommodation (apartment with 2 separate bedrooms and bathrooms)
• Free wireless internet access
• Transportation to and from work and for shopping needs
• Round-trip tickets: One free two-way ticket to point of origin.
• Vacation: Paid holidays and leaves are determined by the academic calendar of the Saudi institution:
Al-Adha Eid 9 days
Semester break 9 days
Inter-semester break 9 days
• Tertiary health care provided by the Saudi institution- Clinics and hospital
• Ongoing professional development program
• Social activities for cultural integration and opportunities for free Arabic classes
How to Apply
Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae, and the name and title of two referees along with contact information. The review of applications will begin immediately and positions will be confirmed following the finalization of the contract with the Saudi partner.
Please send your application by e-mail to: email@example.com and include the following title in the e-mail Subject line: English language trainer-KSA
The application deadline is September 18, 2012.
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. McGill University is committed to equity in employment and diversity. It welcomes applications from indigenous peoples, visible minorities, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, women, persons of minority sexual orientations and gender identities, and others who may contribute to further diversification.