Native English Speaking Teachers Needed
York English Primary School & Kindergarten is a highly respected private kindergarten in Hong Kong with more than 30 years experience in educating and caring for children. Our campus is located on a quiet, leafy road in the heart of Kowloon Tong (only a few minutes away from Kowloon Tong MTR Station) and offers a wide range of facilities. We teach over 700 children between the ages of 2 to 6 every year.
The teaching facilities comprise of 23 spacious classrooms, 4 music areas and a computer/language suite. The outdoor play areas include 3 open-air playgrounds and 1 covered playground, which are pleasant, well-equipped and clean. The school also has the benefit of being in close proximity to a lovely park which is used to encourage children to explore nature and the environment.
We place an overriding importance on the quality of teachers. For our teachers, the learning process does not end upon graduation from university. Indeed, we conduct regular workshops to continually sharpen and improve our teacher's teaching skills and methods of instruction. Existing workshops include storytelling skills, lesson planning seminars, advanced phonetic theory, conflict resolution, leadership, computer game design, ballroom dancing, tennis, violin, magic and puppetry workshops, etc.
We are all very proud of our school and we strive to provide a happy and caring atmosphere in which the best quality education is provided for each child to fulfill his or her potential.
Minimum 1 year experience required (preferably with young children)
Skills / Qualification Requirements:
- NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS from major English-speaking countries (i.e. USA, Canada, UK, Scotland, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, etc.)
- University graduates (B.A or B.Ed Early Childhood preferred but not essential)
- Must be single or teaching couple with no dependent
- High sense of responsibility, love to work with children, friendly, positive, good time management, and excellent communication skills
- Standard IT skills preferred
- Energetic and enthusiastic about early childhood development
Commencement of Service:
1 August 2012
8:20AM to 4:50PM (Monday to Friday)
- Monthly salary of HK$20,000 and up
- 1-Year or 2-Years Contract (renewable on mutual agreement)
- Work Visa sponsored by the School
- FREE round-trip airfare (reimbursable upon completion of each full-year of service)
- Fair leave/holiday package (i.e. 10 days of annual leave + 6 to 9 days of school holiday + 17 days of public holiday)
Other Benefits & Notes:
- We provide on-the-job training with a friendly and supportive work environment. The school is conveniently located close to the MTR.
- Accommodation not provided (but successful candidates will be offered full support to help locate a suitable place if required).
- Successful applicants will be co-working with 15+ of our current Native English Teachers who came from all over the world (i.e. Canada, USA, UK, Australia, New Zealand, etc.).
Benefits of Working in Hong Kong:
- Cultural exchange experiences while help enrich student’s lives
- Hong Kong being a safe, modern metropolitan city with a balance of outdoor activities year-round (i.e. beaches, surfing, dragon boating, hiking trials, biking routes, etc.)
- Conveniently located to travel deeper into other parts of China
Interested parties please e-mail your detailed resume, a recent photo/video, relevant certificates, and reference letters to firstname.lastname@example.org (attention: Ms Carrie Ng).As it takes a minimum of 6 – 8 weeks for the Immigration Dept to process the Work Visa, interested parties should submit the application ASAP.
31 May 2012