Culture and Communication Specialist
Spectrum Consultants India Pvt Ltd (formerly known as Spectrum Placement & Marketing Services Pvt. Ltd.) seeks culture and communication specialists for a 1-year contract in Bangalore, India, to grow its current team of 25+ people. As a successful candidate you will work full-time as a Spectrum staff member within a Fortune 500 company’s learning and development group. You will analyze the quality of service in voice and written customer interaction (primarily with respect to language and intercultural communication) and deliver effective learning solutions for intercultural and language learning needs primarily through coaching staff one on one.
• Diploma (eg UCLES DELTA), or MA, or PhD level qualifications in language or intercultural learning or closely-related fields. (Candidates may be considered with an UCLES CELTA or equivalent plus substantive qualifications and work experiences in a corporate environment.)
• Bachelor’s degree and 6+ years ESL/EFL teaching, intercultural training, or training experience
• Native-speaker or near-native speaker proficiency in English.
• Demonstrated intercultural competence and effectiveness in a multicultural work environment
• Commitment to excellence in business communication and intercultural effectiveness. Able to communicate effectively with a broad range and level of stakeholders, formally and informally.
• Executive presence and able to consult with stakeholders at various levels.
• Experience designing, developing, and delivering complex coaching / training solutions within a broad scope of engagement within an organization’s group or groups. Able to implement processes supporting learning effectively.
• Strong work ethic, commitment to results, desire to excel, experience working in a corporate environment, personal productivity, and focus on meeting organization and learner needs
• Strong knowledge and familiarity with best practices and engagement with professional organizations such as ICF, SHRM, ASTD, SIETAR, IATEFL, TESOL, AAAL, and IABC or equivalents
• Familiarity with MS Windows and MS Office, and capability to learn new software and personal productivity tools (training / support provided)
• Language testing experience such as with TOIEC, BULATS, IELTS, OPI (desired)
• Intercultural Development Inventory (IDI) administrator qualifications (desired)
Applicants with closely related, and/or more experience and qualifications considered. Package will be commensurate with what applicants bring to the role.
• Learning needs analysis and coaching (Core responsibility)
o Analyze quality of technical and customer support in terms of language and intercultural competencies for phone calls, emails, and chat messaging.
o Develop coaching and learning plan in line with data on staff performance and consultation with managers.
o Keep accurate, up-to-date records.
o Use appropriate assessment tools (training provided where needed).
o Coach staff one-on-one or with small groups of trainees.
o Assess needs in conjunction with key stakeholders and performance data, and define objectives and learning plan.
o Individuate instruction and materials based on learner or group needs.
o Prepare coaching sessions in line with best practices for intercultural and language learning.
• Learning solutions (Secondary responsibility)
o Analyze needs, design, and deliver training courses and workshops for delivery.
o Train staff in core training modules and workshops for communicating effectively across cultural and linguistic differences in English with a diverse customer base.
• Evaluate staff progress and complete all reporting requirements as needed.
• 5-day work week with night shifts
Salary / Package
• Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications
Please send the following to email@example.com specifying the position you wish to apply for in the subject line of your email:
• Cover letter
• Resume (specifying month and year of start and finish with organizations worked for)
Interviews will occur over web conference, or in person depending on the candidate’s location.
Following interviews, references will be contacted (after notification of candidate). Original qualification documents including education transcripts will need to be produced on hire.