Teach English at DGEV in South Korea!
The Daegu Gyeongbuk English Village (DGEV) is an English immersion school/ camp in Daegu, South Korea partnering with the University of Wisconsin-River Falls (Wisconsin, USA) and Yeungjin College.
• Bachelor's degree in an academic field
• A commitment to teaching in diverse linguistic, cultural, and educational settings
• Cross-cultural adaptability, appreciation and respect
• Ability to commit to a twelve-month contract
• Bachelor's in an academic field related to education or TESOL
• At least one year of teaching experience
• K-8 teaching credentials or early childhood education experience
Salary range: ₩ (South Korean Won) 24,000,000 (Level 1) to 30,000,000 (Level 4)
• Private furnished dorm room with bath/heated floors/central air conditioning, plus three meals per day in the Village cafeteria. (The accommodation provided is valued at an estimated ₩ 12,253,164.)
• Korean health insurance and pension plans (with a small percentage of monthly salary contributed by the teacher).
• Twenty paid vacation days including holidays and two sick leave days per twelve-month contract.
• An airline ticket to Korea. A return flight ticket is also provided after completing the full contract period. Flight costs are not covered if the contract terms are broken.
• New teachers should plan to arrive one week early for unpaid training/orientation and to take care of personal matters (bank accounts, health insurance/screening, etc.). The pay period is effective upon the first official day of teaching at DGEV and the contract appointment shall end twelve months after that date. Pay day is the 25th of each month.
• No visible tattoos and excessive piercings are allowed for the instructors.
If interested, please visit our website for detailed information:
Detailed Location Information:
Korean Address (in English): Gyeongsanbuk-do, Chilgok-goon,
718-821 South Korea
Korean Address: 경상북도칠곡군지천면연화리
If you have any quick questions, you can email Rebecca Chapman, our training coordinator, at email@example.com, otherwise please follow the weblink above to apply with UWRF.