Female English instructors required in Al Ahsa and Al Majma’ah
Female English instructors required for the foundation year at the new vocational colleges in Al Ahsa and Al Majma’ah, Saudi Arabia
The colleges form part of the Colleges of excellence initiative. The colleges aim to provide female students in more remote areas of Saudi Arabia with post-secondary vocational training. After a foundational year with a strong focus on English language learning, students can choose programmes such as business and administration, IT, beauty and fashion and health studies. At the end of their studies they will receive a diploma.
The English Instructor will teach (mainly) beginner English language learners. The students should reach level B1 by the end of the foundation year. Working hours are 40 hours a week including up to 25 teaching hours per week. Instructors use a variety of techniques, procedures, materials and technologies in their lessons, including interactive whiteboards. When not in class, teachers are expected to prepare lessons, assess and report on student progress, counsel students on their progress, attend departmental meetings and professional development sessions and invigilate assessments.
• Bachelor's Degree (required) Master’s Degree or PhD (Preferred). Bachelor’s degree should be in English, Literature, TESOL, Education or a subject relevant to English. However, candidates with other degrees may be considered if they have sufficient experience.
• Candidate must have an English teaching certification (i.e. TESOL, TEFL, TESL, CELTA, and DELTA) or an MA TESOL/Linguistics. Online certificates are NOT acceptable. (TEFL/TESOL/TESL should be a minimum of 120 hours and include a minimum of 6 hours of observed teaching).
• All non-native candidates will need an IELTS score of 7.5 or Cambridge Proficiency.
• candidates should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience teaching ESL to post-secondary students in educational institutions. Please note private tutoring and part-time roles are NOT acceptable).
• Prior teaching experience in KSA is preferred
• Candidates should be able to use technology in the class
• Familiarity with interactive whiteboards is a plus
• candidates should be prepared to work in a team and collaborate with colleagues to contribute to creating a supportive working atmosphere
• Yearly contract
• Salary and benefits (including accommodation) 9.000 to 18.000 SARS.
• transport to and from accommodation to the college
• 5% end of year bonus
• 5% bonus on renewing the contract
• 30 days annual vacation (tickets included)
• Medical Insurance
• Air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of contract
Contact Ruth Halstead for more details firstname.lastname@example.org