Teach English/Maths/Science for a Bilingual School in Vietnam
Blue Sky Academy is a Montessori-based, bilingual school located in the beautiful municipal Vinh city of Nghe An province, Vietnam. Vinh is the most developed city in north central Vietnam. Its vicinity to both the beaches and the mountains makes a great alternative to the crowded streets of Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.Blue Sky Academy is looking for passionate teachers at Primary and lower Secondary level to teach English and/or Maths/Science in English.
Interested candidates: kindly send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to send along any questions about the job opportunity, us, or about Vietnam in general.We look forward to hearing from you.
Embrace the school curriculum and enhance it by developing subject curricula and extracurricular activities.
- Ensure that students master grade-level standards.
- Ensure that the school’s academic standards are rigorous, clear, measurable, and work towards aligning them with CIE Standards.
- Incorporate direct instruction, discussion, projects and cooperative work to engage students, keep classes focused and infuse a lasting desire to learn.
- Follow the school’s policies and procedures for student conduct and discipline.
- Develop and use a variety of assessments (e.g. exams, written work, and public performances) that frequently measure student progress.
- Develop clear evaluation criteria and make students aware prior to assessments.
- Communicate openly, honestly and effectively with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Share responsibility for grade level and school-wide activities.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Share experiences with colleagues and contribute to making the faculty stronger.
- Dress professionally and uphold all school policies.
- Understand that job duties may be changed over time depending on the need of the school.
What we are looking for:
- A degree in teaching in English or Maths/Science subjects in English.
- A neutral accent, clear pronunciation, good intonation and English language rhythm.
- Willingness to spend time outside the classroom to improve students’ experience on campus and to be an excellent team player.
- Be enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about your subjects.
- Enjoy working with young children, have the patience in dealing with them and have the desire to captivate them.
- Embrace personal development through hands-on involvement and on-the-job challenges.
- At least 1 year of teaching experience at the relevant level.
- A Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PGCE).
- A familiarity with an international curriculum such as CIE or IB.
For some quick facts about Blue Sky Academy, our (rather dated) brochure of ours here should still be useful.
- Free on-campus accommodation, including room and board. Off-campus housing can be arranged.
- Subsidized utilities, laundry service and on campus meals.
- Competitive salary package, taking experience and qualifications into account.
- Complimentary airfare to Vinh city.
- Cost for a Vietnamese work permit, visa and related paperwork is covered.
- Opportunities to gain further qualifications from onsite training, online training and participating in official workshops and training programmes by Cambridge International Examinations. Expenses are paid by the school.
- Allowance for health insurance or reimbursement for medical expenses.
Copyright © 2004-2017 - ESL JOBS - English teaching jobs - All Rights Reserved