Experienced Teachers for a Middle School in Gangnam, Seoul - starting in June 1s
The Gangnam District Office is currently looking for 1 full-time English instructor to teach at a MIDDLE school in the Gangnam area. We want enthusiastic, dedicated and caring teacher who has at least two years teaching experience in Korea and are available for FACE to FACE interview on May 15th, 2015. Please read the following CAREFULLY before you apply.
Application Period : May 1st, 2015 ¨C May 10th, 2015 (by 18:00 PM)
Interview Date : May 15th, 2015(15:00 PM)
* These schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
* Interview candidates will receive an e-mail individually by 000.
1. Applicants should meet at least one of the following requirements:
- BA/MA in TESOL
- BA/MA with a teaching license
- BA/MA with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/SIT Certificate- comprising a minimum of 100 course hours
2. Minimum of 2 years of English teaching experience in Korea (Ideally to students aged 13-18)
3. Must hold available passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the USA, and currently stay in Korea for face-to-face interview(in person).
Documents to be submitted:
Interested applicants should send ALL DOCUMENTS listed below to the Program Coordinator(Sangeun Shin) - Emails with partial/incomplete documents will not be accepted.
1. A cover letter describing your qualifications/experiences
2. A current resume (Microsoft Word/PDF format)
3. A scanned copy of passport information page
4. Scanned copies of degrees, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/SIT certificates
5. Contact information of current/former employers in Korea
6. A copy of apostilled degree**
7. A copy of apostilled nation-wide criminal record check**
(Americans-apostilled FBI check / Canadians-notarized RCMP check)
** If you have already submitted the originals to the Seoul Immigration Office, you can get the copies of them at the Seoul Immigration Office (#1345) - we only need the copies of them. You have to submit these documents regardless of your visa status(including F4 and F6).
8. A copy of alien registration card (front/back)
9. A copy of your recent ID picture
10. (If you are hired) you will be required to submit a health check(HIV and TBPE) and the local Korean police check.
1. Contract Period : June 1, 2015- August 31, 2015 (3 months)
*Based upon your performance, your contract can be renewed(September 1, 2015 to August 31, 2016).
2. Hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday (subject to change by school)
3. Maximum of 24 teaching hours each week : a 45-minute instruction and a 10-minute break is considered as one hour
4. 5 paid vacation days in addition to national holidays (to be divided among the summer, winter, and spring vacation periods upon your principal¡¯s approval)
Salary/Benefits with an Annual Contract:
1. A salary of 2.5 million won per month.
2. 900,000 won housing stipend (Housing is NOT provided, Key money is also not provided)
3. Medical Insurance/National Pension
* If less than twice the number of applicants apply for the available position, then there may be additional recruitment.
* If there are no qualified applicants fit for the job and we fail to recruit during that session, then there may be additional recruitment sessions.
- The principals in Gangnam District have authorized Gangnam District Office to be in charge of this hiring process.