Certified Experienced EFL Instructors (technology/math/science background) neede
POSITION: Science and Technology (Technical Bridging) Instructor
LOCATION: Saudi Arabia (Eastern Province)
START DATE: Anticipated August 2015
A technical bridging instructor teaches up to five (5) hours per day for a total of 24 hours weekly. He is responsible for meeting the technical foundation learning needs of young male Saudi trainees (ages 18–22) preparing for careers in the electricity supply industry. Subjects covered in this program include science for the electricity supply industry and technical workshops. Instruction is both classroom- and workshop-based and requires hands-on skills in areas such as welding and wiring. In addition to teaching, duties include lesson preparation, marking homework and class assignments, student consultations, and administrative duties relating to the instruction. Involvement in curriculum development is possible on an as-needed basis.
• Train 24 hours per week either in a classroom or workshop
• Observe health & safety guidelines as prescribed by the training center
• Prepare lessons, review homework assignments
• Provide office hours for student consultations and advice
• Administer quizzes and tests in accordance with program requirements, track grades and attendance
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as required
• Participate in ongoing professional development
• Utilize a Moodle-based LMS for instructional and administration purposes
• Demonstrate professional behavior at all times
• Flexible, team player, and willing to comply with JTC requirements
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Citizen of the USA, Canada, the UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa (subject to visa availability)
• Bachelor of Science degree or technical diploma in a relevant subject area from an accredited Western institution
• Hands-on, applied experience, including welding and electrical wiring
• A minimum of five (5) years’ relevant teaching/training experience at the secondary, technical, or tertiary level; experience in the Middle East/North Africa region desirable
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology for instructional purposes
• Familiarity with and respect for the multicultural diversity and traditions that exist in Saudi Arabia
Renewable one-year contract includes generous salary and allowances, personal effects shipment, airline ticket(s), paid summer break and Saudi national holidays, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.
To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/. Scroll to the Technical Instructor job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; additional documents will be requested from candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field.