Job Title: English Language Training Instructors
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
ID# ELT SAF 201
OT Training Solutions, LLC is currently seeking native speaker American English Language Instructors to provide English Language Training (ELT) instruction to the Saudi Armed Forces (SAF) in Saudi Arabia utilizing the U.S. Defense Language Institute curriculum.
Contingent upon award, anticipated start date of work is Fall 2014. Work will be performed in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
Scope of Work Includes:
- Use of American Language Course Placement Test (ALCPT) to initially place SAF students in the appropriate level of the ALC.
- Ensure each ALC class consists of classroom study, communication-centered ELT activities, i.e. debate/discussion, projects, presentations, workshops and group work, CALL-based multimedia laboratory learning and homework.
- Ensure the ELT facility is an English-speaking environment that promotes/encourages the use of the English language for all personnel and tasks.
- Utilize DLI’s Skills Assessment Kits to ensure student development.
- Develop and provide comprehensive skills-based ELT proficiency test to ensure improvement in each student’s progress.
- Develop and provide scheduled extracurricular activities and opportunities for SAF personnel to practice their English language skills outside the classroom setting, i.e. sports, hobby groups, field trips, and provide regular group study sessions for each SAF student.
- Provide tutoring program for each SAF student as needed.
- Anticipate working 5 days a week, 8 hours per day.
Experience and Education Requirements Per Contract
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Native English speakers from the U.S.
- Minimum of 5 years fulltime relevant ESL/EFL teaching to adults.
- MA in one of the following disciplines: TESOL/TEFL/English Applied Linguistics/Education.
- TEFL/TESL certification such as DELTA or equivalent.
- Experience with Defense Language Institute curriculum.
- Experience with ILETS materials.
- U.S. citizenship required.
- Native English speakers from the U.S
- Minimum of 7 years fulltime relevant ESL/EFL teaching to adults.
- BA in one of the following disciplines: English/Applied Linguistics/Education.
- BA in any discipline plus TEFL/TESL certification, such as CELTA or TESOL qualification, including minimum of 120 hours of face-to-face study and 6 hours of observed teaching practice.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this employment classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed, and perform special projects as assigned.
All interested candidates, who meet the requirements, please submit detailed resume and cover letter outlining your qualifications for the job to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply online, under “Careers” at http://www.ottrainingsolutions.com, but must include detailed resume and cover letter as well.
OT Training Solutions, LLC, a Veteran-owned business, is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, Vietnam era or other eligible veteran status, or any other protected factor.