ESL Instructors Needed for English Immersion Academy in Seoul
Nowon English Village (YBM)
Salary: 2.0-2.1 million won per month
Start date: May 19, 2015
Contract Length: 1 year
This is a great position to develop one’s career while exploring the world’s second largest metropolis – Seoul, South Korea. If you are looking for a well-paid ESL position that will offer you ample time for travel, a relaxed work environment, and the ability to earn and save money at the same time, this may be the job for you!
Those who are outgoing, creative, and energetic will find themselves at home at Nowon English Village. Students at our academy study in simulated English immersion environments which aim to replicate everyday situations in a controlled manner. Classrooms at Nowon English Village are unique seeing that rooms include a police station, grocery store, restaurant, hotel, airplane, hospital, and shopping mall amongst others.
Teachers generally work five days per week and teach an average of six, forty minute classes per day. A typical workday consists of English immersion classes in the morning (10:00am-1:00pm), a lunch break, and afternoon classes (3:30pm-6:25pm). We instruct both kindergarten and elementary-aged children. Teachers usually have planning or free periods in between classes during which they may catch their breath or prepare for upcoming classes.
- Free housing, utilities, and internet at Seoul English Village. Teachers are also offered free transit to and from work.
- Two free meals per day and a stipend for dinner.
- A prepaid, one-way ticket to Korea and another ticket to be purchased upon completion of one’s contract.
- Fifteen paid vacation days per year. If a teacher is asked to teach on a National holiday, they will be paid a holiday bonus of 50,000 won.
- Paid orientation and training
- Additional severance pay (one month’s salary) upon completion of 1 year contract
- A one-time relocation allowance
- A visa fee subsidy to aid in the cost of obtaining the documents needed to come to Korea.
In order to be granted a Visa as an ESL Instructor, you must be a native speaker and have:
- A BA/BS degree (in any field)
- A valid passport from the USA, Canada, the UK, New Zealand, Ireland, Australia, or South Africa
- A photocopy of a diploma with apostille
- A federal police/criminal background check with apostille
- A self assessed health statement which must be accurate and truthful. A medical check at a designated hospital is required upon arrival in Korea. Teachers may be deported if their self assessment is found to be inaccurate or dishonest.
Although not required, a TEFL certificate or teaching experience helps.
For more information, please visit nev.nowon.kr or contact Andrew Bishop at email@example.com.
To apply, please send:
- Your resume
- A scanned copy of your passport information page
- A scanned copy of your diploma
Please write “NOWON ENGLISH VILLAGE TEACHING POSITION” in the subject line of your e-mail.
Thanks for your time!
Head Teacher, Nowon English Village
Seoul, South Korea