ESL Young Learner Teachers needed, Apollo Junior–International House Ho Chi Minh
Experience working in a fascinating country with a unique cultural combination of old and new, traditional and modern.
Apollo Junior is currently looking for energetic, creative and dedicated young learner teachers to join our Ho Chi Minh City team. April and May start dates available.
We have 20 years of experience teaching English in Vietnam and currently operate 12 training centres nationwide. Apollo Junior offers a range of young learner classes, teaching 3 to 17 year olds with the goal of creating a rewarding and high quality learning environment.
At Apollo you can expect:
• A commitment to ongoing professional development and high-quality teaching standards
• A wide range of resources and modern facilities
• A variety of courses and learners
• Academic and personal support from a dedicated team
• Opportunities for career development
• Planning communicative, student-centred and participative lessons while following a designated syllabus
• Participating in professional development activities. These include training sessions, peer observations and developmental observations led by senior academic team members
• Teaching across our range of levels, ages, and courses
• Administering and marking course tests
• Writing student reports
• Conducting placement testing
• Teaching off-site classes, as required
Average teaching hours: normally scheduled at 18-25 hours per week. Classes run from 7:30am to 10:00pm Monday through Friday; 7:45 am to 8:15pm on Saturday and Sunday. Split shifts are sometimes inevitable, though they are avoided where possible. Teachers are given two consecutive days off.
Essential requirements for all teaching positions:
• CELTA / Trinity TESOL / IHC
• Bachelor’s Degree or higher
• Native level English speaker (USA, UK, Australia and Canada preferred)
• Clean criminal record check (with validity within 4 months)
• Adaptability, flexibility, and cultural sensitivity
• 6 months’ validity on passport
Teachers with previous Young Learner experience will be prioritised
• Competitive salary with performance based contract completion bonus
• Overtime payment
• Work permit costs covered by Apollo
• Fully paid leave: up to 15 days of annual leave and up to 11 days of public holidays – (applying to one year contracts)
• Salary and benefits paid in Vietnamese Dong. Tax is payable on a progressive scale and averages around 11-12% for a typical full-time teacher
Please visit our website for information about teaching at Apollo, teaching and living in Vietnam: http://www.apollo.edu.vn http://www.teachatapollo.com
Interested candidates are invited to apply via email to Recruitment at firstname.lastname@example.org . Your application should include a cover letter stating your desired working location, your updated CV in English, scanned copies of your degree(s) and Teaching Certificates and a current passport photo. Candidates who have already obtained a current valid Police Check preferred. Submission of original documents will be required later for Work Permit application, photocopies will not be accepted.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.