English Instructors & Debate Instructor Wanted at POLY - Anyang
Loving, Dedicated, and Skilled English Instructors & Debate Instructor Wanted at POLY - Anyang, Korea
Pyeongcheon POLY is looking for skilled English instructors and a Debate teacher from North America. Please read the job posting and if you are interested.
Pyeongcheon (PC) POLY is located just South of Seoul in a city called Anyang.
We currently employ 20 foreign teachers in our campus.
This is a terrific program to work in and we are offering excellent compensation packages!!
As Korea's Top Advanced English academy, POLY specializes in returnee and very advanced non-returnee students. POLY's returnee students are those who have studied overseas for at least a year in an English-based school and who have acquired an excellent command of the English language, often times speaking as fluently as native speakers. POLY's non-returnee students have achieved a very high level of English ability while studying in Korea. They have tested at a level which proves they can function in an overseas English-based classroom at their level. Each year POLY graduates many students into some of the top ranked foreign language middle schools and high schools in Korea a goal of many of our students.
We have been awarded a Best Brand award from Korea Times as the top school in Junior Education for the past 8 years. POLY students have won numerous awards in national English aptitude tests, and every student must pass a strict entrance test before being allowed to join our academy. The curriculum is based on the US education system where classes are taught using books other elementary and middle schools use in their classrooms. We follow the common-core standards to enriching our students in English.
- Monthly Salary: starting at 2.2 million KRW (2.3 million KRW with experience in a relevant field)
- Office Hours: Monday~Friday 2:00pm~8:30pm (No weekend classes)
- Class Length: 40 minutes
- Classroom Size: Maximum 12 students
- Level: Elementary-Middle
- Number of Positions: 3~4
1. One English instructor (end of March)
2. One English instructor (end of April)
3. One English instructor (end of May/beginning of June)
4. One Debate instructor (more information about the Debate
program and position below)
- Our school focuses on teaching American-styled debate with the argument structures and similar debate structures as taught in High School and University (Team Debate and LD/Parliamentary Debate). We are looking for a teacher with said debate experience, able to coach and teach students in debate. There is an annual POLY wide debate competition, so a responsibility for a debate teacher is to help prepare the students to do well at the competition. Debate teachers will not solely be teaching debate, but they will be held responsible to prepare their students in understanding, learning, and executing debate skills in class and in actual debates. It is important to remember that these students are learning in their second language and will require guidance and patience when teaching debate terminology and strategies, therefore it is important for the teacher to be flexible with their approaches to teaching (They are kids, not young adults). We pride ourselves on our debate program and expect professionalism from all of our teachers.
- Contract Duration: 12 months
- Benefits and Compensation include:
- Above average salary
- Free Pre-Paid Airfare
- Pension bonus set up by the National Pension Service
- 2 weeks paid vacation plus National Holidays
- Fixed, scheduled teaching blocks
- Severance Bonus: Upon completion of 12 month contract
- Medical Coverage 50/50
- All classroom based lessons and teaching
- No split shift
- Be a native English speaker
- Hold a valid passport from USA or Canada
- Necessary Paperwork for E-2 (working) Visa includes:
- FBI criminal background check with an apostille**
- Copy of your diploma (from a accredited four year university/college)
- The process to obtain these documents can take up to 15 weeks due to recent changes in the US Dept. of Justice. We are asking that you either already have them or that they are already in the process of being taken care of
- Enthusiasm for teaching with an outgoing personality and desire to teach
- Willingness to cooperate and be a part of a growing team
- The Ideal Applicant;
- Holds a degree in Education, English, Communications, or Linguistics.
- Teachers with the desire to teach middle school would have experience teaching or studying History, Science, Debate, English Literature, Essay Writing
- He/she has experience teaching young children and understands some cultural differences between Korean and American schooling.
- He/she is a blend of 3 main ingredients: love, discipline, and intelligence. Korean children are a bit more fragile than their Western cousins, and a little love goes a long way. We used to describe this quality as gentleness, but found that teachers can appear gentle without giving themselves to students, so we emphasize that the teachers must really care for the students.
- Must be dedicated to working and caring for the students' success in English. Can handle classroom management and disciplining students (while still remaining gentle!).
- There are SO many reasons why intelligence is required, but we hope most are obvious. He/she knows that this is a job and not a vacation, despite being far from home. Many people make EFL a career, and we expect such dedication.
- Above all else, he/she must love being around children because that is what it’s all about.
- Additional required qualities are self-motivation, inquisitiveness, punctuality, a desire for learning, and professionalism
If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please submit your resume and recent photo to: firstname.lastname@example.org