Instructor & Academic Supervisor Positions with YBM’s Adult Academies Division
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its teams in Daejon, Seongnam and Seoul. Korea’s #1 EFL organization for the last twelve years running, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors and English speaking administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Listening, Business English, English for Academic Purposes, and English for Test Preparation classes. Instructors make use of standardized lesson materials and texts, as well as assist in curriculum development and peer training. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development. Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month.
• Daejon: Academic Supervisor, YBM Daejon (April)
• Seongnam: EFL Instructor, YBM Bundang – April
• Seoul: EFL instructor, YBM Gangnam Daero – March
EFL Instructor, YBM Guro - March
EFL Instructor, YBM Shinchon - April
• Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month.
• PREPAID, round trip airfare to and from Korea.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Paid pre-service training and accommodation.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary, per year of service.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
INSTRUCTOR WORKING HOURS
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• No requirements for on site lesson preparation (desk time) and after class events.
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate degree from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States,
or the United Kingdom.
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor.
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred).
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred).
Academic Supervisor Position: YBM Daejon
Starting Date: April 1, 2015 (renewable one-year contract)
Reporting directly to the YBM Daejon Center Director and the National Academic Director for YLI’s adult EFL division, the Academic Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the implementation of all academic policies and procedures relating to the YBM Daejon EFL programs and classes. Specifically, the Academic Supervisor is responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, and professional development of all instructional staff, as well as overseeing curriculum/materials development, and scheduling / conducting student placement and exit testing.
• Working Hours: 160 hours per month, 9:00 a.m. ~ 6:00 p.m. (8 hours per day), Monday through Friday.
Academic Supervisor Benefits:
• Salary commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications.
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + monthly housing stipend.
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean labor law.
• Yearly performance bonus.
• Minimum of 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays.
• Pre-paid round trip airfare (if hired outside Korea).
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
Academic Supervisor Qualifications:
• Native English or English/Korean bilingual speaker
• 2 years of full-time, continuous adult EFL teaching experience in South Korea.
• Prior supervisory and/or teaching-training experience in an EFL context.
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degree in Applied Linguistics preferred).
• CELTA/TESOL certified (120 hour course with practicum).
To apply for any of the positions listed above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at email@example.com :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page.
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six-months from time of issuance with affixed apostille
(notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille.
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) and signed letter of release from employer.
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of current visa status and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM Inc.’s publishing, education, and testing divisions generated more than $420 million (U.S) in revenue last year alone. YBM Inc. publishes Korean language editions of Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, and Reader's Digest, as well as being the official test administer for the TOEIC exam as well as the Microsoft Office User exam. As the largest and most well-known education based corporation within Korea, YBM Inc. offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout its various divisions.