Female English Instructor
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is part of the Laureate International Universities Network (http://www.Laureate.net) the world’s largest global education provider with more than 950,000 students in over 80 campus- based and online institutions across 29 countries. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia since 2009 with over 300 employees and currently operates 10 vocational campuses in Riyadh, Jeddah, Mecca, Kharj (south of Riyadh), Rabigh (north of Jeddah), Medina, Wadi Al Dawaser and Najran. These vocational colleges offer two and three-year technical training programs to Saudi students between the ages of 18-23 that will lead to vocational qualifications at a range of levels in a variety of subjects. The new colleges will eventually grow to a capacity of 12,000 students.
The LVSA Female English Instructor will be responsible for assisting beginner English language learners in reaching an intermediate level approximately A1 to B1 proficiency on the Common European Frame of Reference). Activities and operations include curriculum evaluation and development, coordination with technical instructors to integrate curriculums, test evaluation, invigilation, recording/reporting of grades, lesson preparation and teaching communicative classes for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 hours per week, plus cover teaching if required
• Prepare lessons
• Assess and report on student progress
• Use technology such as LMS, IWBs, online testing and eLearning
applications as mandated by institutional policies
• Counsel students on their progress
• Attend departmental meetings and professional development sessions
• Work within the faculty on program development
• Invigilate assessments
• English is used in the delivery of all lessons
• All lessons have learning outcomes appropriate to the students’
• A positive classroom atmosphere and rapport is maintained to
facilitate the implementation of communicative methodologies
• All lessons work toward achieving the objectives of the syllabi
• Instructors use a variety of techniques, procedures, materials and
technologies in their lessons
• All class admin (attendance records, records of work done, reports etc) is completed as per requirements
• Assessment of students is as per the guidelines in place
• Office hours are posted and the teacher is available during these times
• Teachers report any learning difficulties a student may be facing to the department head for remedial action
• Cultural sensitivities and social mores of students are respected at all times, in and out of class
• Dress code is business casual
• Confidentiality of personal information is respected
• Policies and procedures of LVSA including but not limited to those on employees attendance, punctuality, cover teaching and student discipline are observed and enforced
• Care is taken with the property of LVSA, including but not limited to IWBs, computers, & furniture
• LVSA technology is never used to access or store inappropriate materials Required Skills
• Bachelor's Degree (required)/Master’s Degree or PhD (Preferred). All degrees must be in class and not online. Bachelor’s degree should be in English, Literature, TESOL, Education or a subject relevant to English. However, if the candidate acquires a CELTA, DELTA, MA TESOL/Linguistics which includes teaching practicum, the candidate may have a Bachelor’s degree not relevant to English.
• Note: DELTA holders must have a certificate confirming the successful completion of all Modules 1, 2 & 3 or at least Module 2. Module 1 & 3 are not sufficient without Module 2
• Candidate must have an English teaching certification (i.e. TESOL, TEFL, TESL, CELTA, and DELTA) or an MA TESOL/Linguistics specifying practicum in the transcript. Online certificates are NOT acceptable. TEFL/TESOL/TESL should be a minimum of 120 hours and include a minimum of 6 hours of observed teaching).
• A BA in TESOL/TEFL is accepted, however the transcript must indicate that the degree includes observed teaching component(s) (teaching practicum), or the candidate should have acquire one of the abovementioned English teaching certifications with observed teaching.
• All non-native candidates will need an IELTS score of 7.5. If they do not have the IELTS score required, they shall be granted 3 months from date of arrival to KSA to complete the IELTS examination with the mentioned score.
• To qualify, the candidate needs a minimum of 3 years of experience teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) to post-secondary students and older in an educational organization. Please note private tutoring and part- time roles are NOT acceptable).
• Prior teaching experience in KSA or the GCC is preferred.
• Experience with the KEY/PET examinations is a plus
• Prior teaching experience in Saudi Arabia or the GCC is preferred
• Possess a strong knowledge of English and teaching techniques
• Highly organized and dependable
• Excellent computer aptitude, proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both in written and oral English
• Comfortable with technology in the classroom
• Familiarity with interactive whiteboards is a plus
• Strong collaborative skills, high energy, excellent follow-up skills and highly effective relationship building skills
• Proven ability to work in a culturally diverse context
• The appointment is for an initial period of one year with the possibility of extension
• Very attractive salary
• Housing Accommodation provided
• 15% of basic salary as undefined benefits
• 10% end of year service (paid annually)
• 150$ hardship allowance (paid monthly)
• 30 days annual vacation (tickets included)
• Class A Medical Insurance
• Air ticket from home country & return ticket upon completion of contract
• Subsidized educational development opportunities within the Laureate
International Universities network towards a part-time Master's or Ph.D. Degree on selected on-line degree programs.
For further information, please check http://www.laureate.net and
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and kindly
mention in the title of the email (Total ESL/Name).