Teach Motivated Adults with YBM’s Adult Academies Division
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join its teams in Daegu, Seongnam, and Seoul. Korea’s #1 EFL organization for the last twelve years running, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are 100 % guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with English-speaking academic supervisors, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Media English, Business English, English for Academic Purposes, and English for Test Preparation classes. Instructors make use of standardized lesson materials and texts, as well as assist in curriculum development and peer training. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience as well as opportunities for professional development. Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month, with the exception of English One to One branches which may have mid-month start dates.
• Daegu: YBM Premier (Dongseungro) – February / March; YBM Daegu – February/March
• Seongnam: YBM Bundang - April
• Seoul: YBM Gangnam Daero – February, March
• Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month (over 3 million with overtime hours)
• PREPAID, round trip airfare.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Paid pre-service training sessions and accommodations.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary per year of service.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• Some Saturday classes (four hours per Saturday), paid at above overtime rate.
• No requirements for on site lesson preparation (desk time) and after class events.
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate degree from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States,
or the United Kingdom
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred)
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred)
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor
To apply for any of the positions listed above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page.
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six-months from time of issuance with affixed apostille
(notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) and signed letter of release.
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of current visa status and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM Inc.’s publishing, education, and testing divisions generated more than $420 million (U.S) in revenue last year alone. YBM Inc. publishes Korean language editions of Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, and Reader's Digest, as well as being the official test administer for the TOEIC exam as well as the Microsoft Office User exam. As the largest and most well-known education based corporation within Korea, YBM Inc. offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout its various divisions.