Teaching Positions in Daegu
Established in 1996, Moonkkang English School is the largest English academy in Daegu, South Korea. The corporation includes about 500 employees (including 143 foreign workers), 19 school locations, and serves 13,000 students. Our editing team produces all educational materials in-house and is looking for an experienced editor/writer.
The ideal candidate would be ready to start in February 2015.
• Location: Daegu, South Korea
• Job title: Editor/Writer
• Job type: full-time one-year contract
• Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Wednesday 9:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• Base Salary: ₩2,700,000/month
• Vacation: 15 days/year
• Holidays: Chuseok, Christmas, Labor Day, and Seollal off.
• Health insurance: 50/50
• Severance: one month’s salary
• Pension plan: yes
• Accommodations: furnished apartment
• Airfare: plane ticket to Korea and ticket back upon completion of the contract
-creative stories for ESL students of various levels.
-mock standardized tests (TOEFL, IELTS, TOEIC, TOEIC).
-comprehension questions for various texts.
video and audio scripts (sketches, lessons, conversations…)
• Proofread all of the above types of materials.
• Provide feedback to coworkers on their work.
*Note: You will not be teaching or interacting with students.
• Bachelor’s degree in any field.
• Master’s degree in any field OR two years of experience as a full-time editor.
• Satisfactory completion of the editing/writing test.
• High attention to detail.
• Flexibility and ability to take feedback.
• Ability to meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to continuously produce creative work with limited guidelines.
• Familiarity with the Chicago Manual of Style.
• Editing and writing experience.
• Teaching experience.
• Training in language education.
• Send your résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com.
• If you meet the basic requirements, we will email you an editing/writing test.
• If you pass the editing/writing test, we will contact you for an interview.