EAP Lecturer Positions in Saudi Arabia
English Language Department, KFUPM
College of Applied & Supporting Studies
King Fahd University of Petroleum & Minerals
BOX 38, DHAHRAN 31261,
Higher education in Saudi Arabia is segregated by sex and, since KFUPM is a male-only university, all candidates for teaching positions must be male. We are interested in well-qualified, committed and experienced teachers of EFL/ESL/EAP—aged below 58—for our undergraduate courses in the University’s English Language Department (ELD). We expect to recruit new faculty for the start of the fall semester on 23 August 2015.
The ELD teaches three undergraduate English courses:
• An Introduction to Academic Discourse (freshman composition, reading and academic vocabulary)
• An Introduction to Report Writing (source-based writing and term report)
• Academic & Professional Communication (advanced research and report writing skills, recruitment strategies, business correspondence, and presentation skills).
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• A basic degree in any discipline, plus a full-time, residential Master’s in TEFL/TESOL or Applied Linguistics, from an Anglophone university;
• A one-year postgraduate diploma in TEFL/TESL from an accredited university, or an RSA/UCLES DELTA.
• A minimum of four years’ full-time teaching of EFL/EAP at tertiary level and preferably overseas.
The academic calendar consists of two 15-week semesters (fall and spring), each followed by two weeks allocated to final examinations. ELD lecturers teach four classes per day, three days per week and have five office hours. They teach two of the three undergraduate courses and typically have responsibility for between 80 and 100 students each semester.
• Two-year renewable contracts
• Competitive tax-free salaries
• End-of-service gratuity
• Additional remuneration through the evening language and summer programs
• Generous leave
• Annual round-trip air tickets for faculty, spouse and two children
• Monthly transportation allowance
• Free furnished, air-conditioned accommodation on campus
• Free utilities and house maintenance
• Educational allowance for school-age children
• Free medical and dental care at the University Clinic or local hospital
• Excellent recreational facilities including sports, fitness and private beach
• On-campus and off-campus bus services to local schools and shopping centres
Visit the KFUPM website at http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/ for further information about the university and ELD.
If you are interested in applying to the ELD, and meet our requirements, please send an e-mail to:
Under ‘Subject’ write ‘Application Form Fall 2015’. In your e-mail, please include a cover letter addressed to The Director, your résumé, and a scan of the relevant page from your passport.
Note: Applicants currently working in Saudi Arabia, or who have worked here in the past year, may need a ‘letter of no objection’ from their previous employer before they can be employed at KFUPM.