Head – Academic Development - Riyadh
Start Date: 21st December 2014
Prime Teachers is working in collaboration with a leading worldwide provider of international education and services and the Colleges of Excellence in Saudi Arabia to lead the development of the Technical and Vocational training.
As Head – Academic Development, you will be primarily responsible for managing and leading a team of ten highly trained and skilled education professionals embedded in the Colleges of Excellence headquarters in Riyadh, KSA. As the Head - Academic Development, you will report in the first instance to the Associate Director, MENA.
Your core responsibilities will involve:
• Overseeing distribution and disbursement of the operating budget and ensuring prevention of cost overruns.
• Short and long term planning for work flow and achieving key milestones at various points throughout the process
• Monitoring and evaluating the performance quality and output for all team members
• Holding regular meetings with team members and the entire team to facilitate workflow coherence, issue resolution, and effective planning
• Reporting to, and taking direction from, the Associate Director, MENA
• Ensuring safety and security considerations are factored into all plans for college visits
• Serve as a role model for all team members in terms of professional conduct and culturally appropriate attire and mannerisms
• Guide, advise and direct the activities of all team members in all aspects of their work
• Liaise with CoE management personnel, promptly inform the Associate Director, MENA of any perceived or actual departures from the charge for the embedded team, participate in project related CoE meetings as required, and provide minutes to the Associate Director, MENA
• Present findings and reports from the team to a variety of audiences in a range of formats
• Any other duties required from time to time by the Associate Director, MENA.
Candidate Profile (to apply for the positions you MUST meet the client’s following requirements):
You will be dynamic and performance driven and enjoy the challenge of leading in this project at an early stage of development. In addition you will have:
• A working knowledge key aspects of education theory and practice, academic program delivery, curricular design, quality assurance, assessment and continuous professional development
• Masters degree in Education or, if Masters in another area, significant management experience in a tertiary educational setting
• A proven successful record in management of expert educational teams
• Ability to effectively manage and motivate high level professionals to work together for a common purpose
• A strong and proven commitment to a customer service and teamwork ethos
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, including a strong grasp of formal writing for reports/official correspondence
• Excellent IT skills including MS Excel and Word
• Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
• The ability to analyse data and present results clearly
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness to work flexibly and to tight deadlines when necessary
• Excellent attention to detail and experience of working with a high degree of accuracy
• Experience working in the MENA region
• Experience of working with international students
• Salary of £80,000 per annum (pro rata)
• Compound accommodation provided
• Transportation to and from work provided
• Medical Insurance
• Visa costs reimbursed
• 6 month contract
Start Date: 21st December 2014
To apply please follow the link (http://ffi.sh/Rb28R) or send a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting "Head – Academic Development"