Penang could very well be your next destination in your teaching career! We are looking for motivated, creative and forward-thinking EFL teachers to join our expanding team for our 2015 academic year.
Using a number of leading teaching syllabuses including Cambridge English and Trinity College London – we provide courses for Smart Learners (Pre-School) and YLE (Young Learner’s English) up to our Main Suite classes (teens and young adults) and exam-focused teaching. The ideal candidates should have experience interacting with a range of ages and proficiency levels applying a communicative approach to their lesson delivery. Our classes are based in both our dedicated language centres in Penang as well as bringing our Cambridge English expertise into mainstream Malaysian schools throughout Penang State. A keen eye for detail, lesson planning, classroom creativity, excellent time management and the ability to engage students in an effective and productive manner are some of the key qualities needed for the job. We are particularly keen to hear from teachers with media/technology experience as we seek to develop our ‘blended learning’ approach to English teaching.
Essential Candidate Criteria:
- Teaching Qualification (CertTESOL, Diploma TESOL, CELTA, DELTA, or equivalent)
- A degree (preferable in education)
- Minimum three years teaching English as a second language
- Native English Speaker (UK, USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland)
- Team player with excellent communication skills and a ‘can-do’ attitude
- Ability to multi-task and work to tight deadlines
- Able to handle administrative tasks in an organised manner
- IT competent
- Available from December 2014 onwards
Desirable Candidate Criteria:
- Previous work experience with pre-school and young learners
- Previous work experience with teens and young adults
- Knowledge and experience with Cambridge English exams (KEY, PET, FCE, CAE, CPE)
Starting salary is from RM 5,000 upwards depending on experience, qualifications and interview performance. Please send your resume along with a photo and a covering letter highlighting your work experience in relation to the outlined candidate criteria and job spec. Due to the high volumes of CVs sent, we will only contact shortlisted candidates within fourteen days after the deadline. Interviews will be conducted via skype.
Email Ms Tracy, GPEX Central Human Resources:firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline:Friday 7 November, 2014