Head of Department sought for English Language and Technical Bridging Program in Saudi Arabia’s Eastern Province
POSITION: Head of Department
LOCATION: Juaymah, Saudi Arabia
START DATE: November 15, or as soon as possible thereafter
AMIDEAST is seeking an experienced Head of Department to manage the English Language and Technical Bridging Program at the Saudi Electric Services Polytechnic (SESP) Juaymah Training Center. The HoD ensures the provision of an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for approximately 400 male trainees per cohort and is responsible for maintaining and raising standards for trainee achievement. He deploys, supervises, and reviews the performance of teaching/support staff; manages program financial and physical resources; leads curriculum and assessment development; and facilitates ongoing professional development of faculty. Effective and collaborative program coordination is required with clients/sponsors and AMIDEAST. He coordinates program operations with SESP management, the AMIDEAST/Riyadh-based country director, regionally based AMIDEAST experts, and external consultants.
• Manage and oversee program implementation, including effective deployment of staff and physical resources
• Oversee the development and review of syllabi, teaching resources, assessments, and teaching and learning strategies
• Formulate aims, objectives and strategic plans relevant to student/trainee needs and client aims and objectives
• Supervise and collaborate with Senior Teacher Coordinators to ensure the delivery of an appropriate, comprehensive, and high quality curriculum and program
• Lead curriculum and assessment development
• Actively monitor and follow up trainee progress
• Ensure that staff professional development needs are identified and implemented
• Undertake performance reviews of administrative and teaching staff
• Play a central role in faculty recruitment efforts and ensure effective induction of new staff
• Develop and implement program policies and procedures and ensure that HR and personnel requirements are met
• Foster and oversee the effectively utilization of ICT and educational technology
• Institute common standards of practice and develop the effectiveness of teaching and learning styles
• Ensure institutionalization of model practices in quality assurance
• Ensure the maintenance of accurate and up-to-date student record information
• Analyze and evaluate student performance data, prepare program reports and take appropriate action as required
• Compile and develop reports to clients and AMIDEAST
• Fluent spoken and written English
• Citizen of USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand, or South Africa
• A master’s degree in ESL/EFL, educational management or a related field from an accredited Western university
• Five (5) years of supervisory, management and/or teacher training experience in an English language program
• Five (5) years of classroom teaching experience preferably in the MENA region and preferably in a vocational learning context
• Previous residence in the Middle East and familiarity with life and culture in the Middle East
• Knowledgeable, experienced and enthusiastic about using educational technology for instructional purposes
Renewable one-year contracts include generous salary and allowances, travel to post and for annual leave, 30 calendar days of paid annual leave, health insurance, and end-of-service gratuity.
To apply: click on https://apply.amideast.org/ATS_CLIENT/ .
Scroll to the Head of Department job listing where you will be able to apply online. Once you create your account, you will need to upload your CV and a cover letter; additional documents will be requested from candidates being considered for interview. Kindly indicate the date you are available for work in your cover letter and/or in the relevant data field.