Teach in Yongin (outside Seoul)
The English Interpretation and Translation Department at Hankuk University of Foreign Studies (Yongin Campus) is looking for a new hire. This is one of the best universities in Korea with a very large foreign faculty, and it offers some of the best terms.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a candidate with both strong teaching and research skills. Salary ranges from 4,887,900 KRW for the position of full professor to 3,266,000 KRW for an assistant professor (level to be determined upon hiring). The university has a generous incentive program for publications, funds international conference travel, and offers reasonable teaching hours.
For more information, contact Prof. Finn Harvor at firstname.lastname@example.org
and Prof. Andrew Bruske at email@example.com
Details are as follows:
1. Period: March 1, 2015 - February 29, 2016
(The contract may be extended every 1 year)
1) Theory Faculty (teaching theoretical subjects)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Theory Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been, by the commencement of employment at the University, a member of a full-time faculty for three years or more at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a doctoral degree, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
2) Language Faculty(teaching conversational skills)
In order to be qualified as a member of the Language Faculty, the faculty member should be either (i) one who has been a full-time faculty member at a university or college in the country where the language concerned is spoken, or (ii) one who has a master's degree or an equivalent, speaks the standard variety of the language, and is deemed qualified to teach at the University.
Full Professor : 4,887,900 KRW (Korean Currency)
Associate Professor : 4,357,800 KRW
Assistant Professor : 1) 3,810,700 KRW, 2) 3,266,000 KRW
(*Depending on his or her former educational and teaching experiences either 1) or 2) will apply.)
※ The position can be different from the present position in your country.
※ Additional payment for any extra teaching load shall be made on the basis of the pay-scale for foreign instructors. In case the foreign faculty teaches less than the minimum required load, the salary payment will be deducted based on the deficiency.
4. Minimum load of teaching hours
- Theory Faculty should teach a minimum of eight hours a week, of which four hours or more should be at the department/division and/or at the graduate school for which s/he is primarily employed.
- Language Faculty should teach a minimum of twelve hours a week.
※ The faculty member should be present at the University for four days or more each week.
5. Airfare Support : One-way airplane ticket from (departure) to Seoul
(economy class for the faculty member and his/her spouse)
※ Airplane tickets should be purchased from the Travel agency introduced by the University. (Wonil Agency, ☎ 02-723-5727, firstname.lastname@example.org)
※ If faculty member purchases air tickets not from Wonil Agency but from other travel agencies, the amount of the reimbursement for air tickets will be decided by comparing the purchase price to the estimated ticket price of Wonil agency. And the cheaper price will be reimbursed.
※ Airfare support does not apply to those who is already staying in Korea.
※ In case of professor's resignation before expiration date of the contract, the travel expenses should be paid back to University.
6. Accomodations: Dormitory for foreign professors(single room or family room)
7. Required Documents
- Resume in English
- 3 recent photos
- Research/publications list in English
- Certificate of Employment in English(positions should be identified)
- Certificate of Career in English(positions should be identified)
* Positions among part-time lecturer, full-time lecturer(former), assistant professor, associate professor, and full professor
* If he or she has previous career experience as a part-time lecturer, the weekly teaching hours should be stated on the certificate of employment/career.
- A letter of recommendation in English
(issued by the organization or university where he/she's employed.)
- Photo Copy of diplomas(BA, MA, Ph.D)
* It should be translated into Korean or English(Requirements for Immigration Office)
- Copy of passport
* If coming with family members, documents below should be added :
- Certificate of marriage
- Certificate of children's birth
- Family member's photos
- Family member's copy of passport
8. Submission Deadline
- All the required documents should be submitted to Academic Affairs Team by October 24. The departments can set their own deadline depending on their own circumstances to receive all necessary documents before submitting to Academic Affairs Team.