TEACH MOTIVATED ADULTS In Metro Locations: Oct – Jan Start Dates
YBM Language Institutes is searching for dynamic and professional instructors to join their teams of instructors in Daegu, Daejon, Seongnam, and Seoul. Korea’s #1 EFL organization for the last twelve years running, YBM is Korea’s premier provider of English language content and services. Instructors for the adult EFL programs are offered contracts whose conditions are 100 % guaranteed by its corporate office (no franchises) and supported by a company whose reputation is second to none.
Working with native-speaking English academic supervisors and English speaking administrative staff, instructors are provided with complete support and assistance to help students meet their language development goals through Speaking, Writing, Listening, Business English, English for Academic Purposes, and English for Test Preparation classes. Instructors make used of standardized lesson materials and texts, as well as being given opportunities to assist in curriculum development and peer training. Small group and one-to-one classes with adult learners provide each instructor with a meaningful teaching experience (no babysitting). Come join our teams of professional instructors today!
LOCATIONS & START DATES
Note that applicants must be available to attend paid training sessions (9 a.m. - 4 p.m.) in the third week of the month preceding their intended start dates. Teaching begins as of the first weekday on or closest to the 1st of the month, with the exception of English One to One branches which may have mid-month start dates.
Daegu: YBM Daegu – December
Daejon: YBM Daejon - December
Seongnam: YBM Bundang - December
Seoul: English One to One (Gangnam)* - October, December
ELS Gangnam – November, December
YBM Jongno – December
YBM Gangnam –January
English One to One (Jongno)* – November / December
*English One to One positions require at least one continuous year of full-time, EFL teaching experience with adults in a school setting.
• Base salary up to 2.5 million won per month
** Possibility to make over 3.0 million won with overtime **
• PREPAID, round trip airfare.
• Key money for housing PLUS monthly housing allowance.
• Paid pre-service training sessions and accommodations.
• Severance bonus equal to one month’s salary upon contract completion.
• Employer contributions to national medical insurance and pension plans.
• Minimum of 10 days paid vacation + Korean national holidays.
• 50% tuition reduction on YBM Korean, Japanese, or Chinese language classes.
• Visa processing costs reimbursed.
• Six 50-minute classes per day, 25 teaching hours per week, Monday – Friday.
• No requirements for on site lesson preparation (desk time) and after class events.
• Hold a valid passport and undergraduate degree from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the United States,
or the United Kingdom
• Formal EFL teaching experience with adult learners, and/or CELTA, TEFL certification (preferred)
• Demonstrated student/service oriented experience (preferred)
• Positive, energetic outlook and demeanor
To apply for the above positions, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at email@example.com :
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copies of passport information page, apostilled federal-level criminal record check (fingerprint-based RCMP check
for Canadian citizens), and apostilled university diploma (regardless of current visa status, for Ministry of Education registration).
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) and signed letter of release.
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.
Founded in 1961, YBM Inc.’s publishing, education, and testing divisions generated more than $420 million (U.S) in revenue last year alone. YBM Inc. publishes Newsweek Magazine, National Geographic, Reader's Digest and is the official test administer for the TOEIC exam as well as the Microsoft Office User exam. As the largest and most well-known education based corporation within Korea, YBM Inc. offers upwardly mobile career opportunities throughout its various divisions.