September~October start dates. Contract length - 6 months ~ 1 year
September~October start dates. Contract length - 6 months ~ 1 year.
**Must hold a passport and at least B.A. degree from one of the following seven countries: USA, Canada, South Africa, Ireland, U.K., New Zealand, Australia.**
Gyeonggi English Village is a publicly owned institution that has been in operation for over eight years. Our mission at each of our schools is to provide students with an opportunity to practice their English and leadership skills in an environment that encourages and motivates them to do their best.
Our students are exposed to various cultures of the English speaking world.
While involving them in activities that help them to appreciate the world in which they live and the impact that learning English can have. We understand the vital role that teachers play in accomplishing our mission and therefore do our best to make your time working at our English Village a truly memorable and enjoyable experience.
About the Teaching Environment:
• The teaching situation at our English Village is independent teaching. You will have a Korean co-teacher but will not teach the same class at the same time.
• Half the day would be teaching academic English lessons to classes of around 15-20 students. The other half would be spent teaching theme classes such as: cooking, science, art, etc.
o Non-camp Working Hours: 8:30 AM - 6:00 PM (Mon - Thu), 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM (Fri)
o Camp Working Hours: (January~February & July~August): 8:30 AM - 5:30 PM (Mon - Fri)
• Employees will work eight (8) hours per day (excluding lunch period from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m.) per week. Any time worked over is considered overtime and is paid as time and a half. We offer a compensatory day system as well, for those who prefer accumulating additional vacation days in lieu of pay.
• Program and activity hours may be scheduled to fulfill the 40-hour working week.
Overtime opportunities are frequent during the camp programs when schedules run nearly back to back.
All overtime (40+ hr/week or national holidays) is paid at 1.5x salary rate.
• 2.2~2.4 Million Won / month
• Round-trip / one-way airfare reimbursement depending on length of contract applied for.
• One year contracts -- contract completion bonus of extra one month’s pay.
Fully-furnished studio/two bedroom apartments (pay utilities) or dormitory-style (free of charge) rooms are available to our employees.
Studio, Two Bedroom Apartments: Each room is equipped with: flat panel TV, microwave, electric range, vacuum cleaner, internet phone, wall clock, twin bed (double bed for two room), stand-up shower, personal refrigerator, dining table, washing machine, two ceiling heating/AC systems, storage closets, clothes dry-rack, and carpeted floors. Utilities will be automatically taken out of your monthly salary.
Dormitory-Style Accommodation: Each dormitory room is for a single occupant.
Each dormitory is equipped with: twin bed, desk, storage closets and an en suite bathroom. Communal kitchens and laundry facilities are also located within the dormitory complex.
• Free internet.
• Visa and contract assistance as needed.
• Lunch/Dinner is provided (M-F) in the cafeteria.
• Comp days (time off) or overtime payment opportunities will be available at 1.5x compensation.
• National Pension Contributions
• Korean National Healthcare Enrollment
** Necessary Documents for Work Visa**
If you are new to applying for teaching positions in Korea:
1. Copy of your 4 year+ university diploma (apostilled)
2. Nationwide background check (less than 6 months old) (apostilled)
3. 2 passport sized photos
5. Must hold a passport and at least B.A. degree from one of the following seven countries: USA, Canada, South Africa, Ireland, U.K., New Zealand, Australia.
About an hour and a half getting to the center of Seoul by subway. 40 minutes by train.
** How to apply **
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resume, cover letter, and a recent photo in reply to this advert.
Please be sure to list contact information for us to reach you at and the most convenient times for us to interview with you.
Looking forward to hearing from you very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.