Senior Instructor Position: YBM Daejon
Contract Period: One-year contract beginning September 1 2015 (renewable).
YBM Language Institutes (YLI) is seeking qualified candidates to lead its team of teachers at its center for adult language learners in Seo-gu, Daejon. Being sensitive to the needs of the school, teachers and students the Senior Instructor should be committed to implementing a high-quality academic / professional program within the guidelines set by YBM Education’s head office. Good communication and organizational skills, as well as the ability to handle a wide variety of job duties are essential.
The Senior Instructor reports directly to the Center Director for YBM Daejon and the National Academic Director of YBM Language Institutes. In addition to regular classroom duties the Senior Instructor is responsible for hiring, training, and development of instructional EFL staff, as well as regular student placement / level testing, and scheduling of classes (some teaching will be required). The selected candidate will work a six-hour day, Monday through Friday. Some Saturday teaching and level testing is required.
• Salary: commensurate with work experience and academic qualifications
• Housing: deposit of up to 10,000,000 KRW + 200,000 KRW monthly housing stipend
• Severance pay, pension, and medical insurance in accordance with Korean law
• Contract completion bonus
• 10 vacation days + Korean national holidays
• Over 2 years teaching experience with adult EFL learners
• Bachelor’s degree (postgraduate degrees preferred)
• CELTA/TESOL qualifications
• Prior supervisory experience in an EFL context preferred
• Bilingual speakers (English/Korean) preferred
To apply for any of the positions listed above, email the following documents to the national academic director for YBM Language Institutes at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter & resume (including contact information, educational/employment history, and employment references).
• Scanned copy of passport information page.
• Scanned copy of federal-level criminal record check no older than six-months from time of issuance with affixed apostille
(notarized copy of a fingerprint-based RCMP check for Canadian citizens).
• Scanned copy of university diploma with affixed apostille (notarized for Canadian citizens).
• If residing in Korea: scanned copy of Alien Registration Card (front and back) and signed letter of release from employer.
• Recent photo.
• Indication of preferred starting dates and locations (see above listings).
The complete set of documents is required for all applicants, regardless of current visa status and prior length of stay in the Republic of Korea. No interviews will be scheduled for any position unless all the documents listed above are submitted via email.