Native English Preschool Teacher Needed in Ho Chi Minh City
Globally, there are more than 100 Maple Bear schools in 10 countries. In Vietnam, the Maple Bear schools are owned by a larger umbrella organization called the CitySmart Group. There are currently four Maple Bear schools in Vietnam – two in Hanoi and two in Ho Chi Minh City.
Vincom Tower & Golden Westlake Hanoi
Flemington & Horizon Tower Ho Chi Minh
The Maple Bear Education System™ was developed for Canadian Education Center Network CECN) Global Schools to bring a Canadian designed early learning program for children to the world. It was created by Canadian experts and is constantly being upgraded to ensure that it reflects the very best in early childhood education. Competence in language, reading, mathematics and science is developed systematically. Teachers integrate subject knowledge into a variety of active techniques suitable to the developmental stages of the children. Maple Bear has high learning expectations for children within a healthy, stimulating and supportive learning environment The Maple Bear mission is to deliver a student-focused learning system in a safe, secure and stimulating environment that prepares students for success at the post secondary level and that instills a passion for life-long learning.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM US?
• Competitive salary and allowance
• Attractive personal accident and Health insurance package
• Sick leaves and holiday bonus
• Annual salary review based on performance
• End of contract bonus
• Opportunities for continued professional development
• Lovely and fantastic children
• Friendly and supportive team
• Act as main teacher in the class and lead the Vietnamese Teacher Assistant in looking
after the children
• Prepare and deliver the daily/weekly lesson plan based on the curriculum
• Write progress report (twice a year)
• Contribute to the school newsletter
• Develop a relationship and make connection with parents, sharing with them on the
children’s progress in the class through daily interaction, answering parents’ questions
on issued related to children at the class
• Attend parent-teacher interview and school events if any
• Attend other monthly staff and professional development meetings.
40 hours per week including 20 hours of direct instruction plus additional 5 hours of prep time
weekly. The remaining hours are in class supervision.
- Nationality Canada and US preference – Open to UK, Australia and New Zealand
+ Education: Certified teacher, Bachelor degree – Preferably in Education
+ Experience in Pre-K – Grade 5
+ Knowledge: good understanding of childcare
+ Skills: Able to communicate well with local teachers and maintain a true
respect for the country we are living in and for Vietnamese people in general;
creative and committed to teaching young children
+ Attitude: Flexible and cooperative, patient and kind with children, culturally
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
We are looking for teachers who are patient, helpful and culturally sensitive. Maple Bear teachers should be interactive, creative, and passionate about teaching. If you have met these requirements and are interested in setting up an interview, please email a letter of application, an up-to-date CV, a recent photograph and the contact details of two educational referees to
Maple Bear Kindergarten Office firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews are conducted locally in HCMC or via skype call when appropriate.