Inha University: Non-Tenure Track English Faculty Positions
The Institute of General Education, Inha University is seeking assistant professors to begin teaching in the Spring 2016 semester. Professors hired for the position will teach English courses in the common curriculum.
* Title: Teaching Professor (Position as Non-tenure Track Assistant Professor)
* Teach 15 hours per week, during spring and fall semesters.
* If needed, teach in the university¡¯s language programs during intersession periods (payment made in addition to salary)
* Observe 5 office hours per week, and attend staff meetings as necessary
* Date of Appointment: March 1, 2016
* Two-year, renewable contract
* Salary package including housing and other allowances: 37.3¨C 41.8 million won/year, depending on experience and qualifications
* Overtime work during the semesters is voluntary. Classes taught in excess of the contracted hours per week are paid at a competitive rate.
* New instructors receive a once-off 400,000 won resettling allowance.
* All vacation is paid (Over 20 weeks per year). Instructors also receive all regular Korean and other school holidays off.
* All classrooms and offices are in one building. All classrooms have a computer and projector, and are air-conditioned. Offices are shared, and have all basic hardware.
* All teachers fall under the school's private pension plan and national health scheme.
1) Native English speaker
2) Master's Degree + 2 years university teaching experience
* Preference given to majors in TESOL, Education or related fields
* Degrees must be from accredited universities
1) Application Forms
(Download the official forms from the Inha University English webpage: http://eng.inha.ac.kr/intro/notice_view.asp?pIdx=856&pGroup=01)
¡ù The Application Form package includes a list of publications, a statement of teaching plan, and a letter of self-introduction.
2) Experience table (Download the form from the Inha University English webpage)
3) One copy of each of the academic publications listed on the application form
4) Copies of all diplomas and certificates (including undergraduate and graduate degrees)
5) Copies of all academic transcripts (including undergraduate and graduate degrees)
¡ù If selected for the position, original diplomas and officially sealed transcripts will be
required for final approval.
6) Proof of previous employment for each item listed on the application form
7) 2 letters of recommendation (including referees' phone number and email address)
8) Copy of ID page of passport
9) Letter of consent (Download the form from the Inha University English webpage)
Note: Applicants will be excluded if any of the above documents are not included in their application submission.
Please submit the above documents either in person or by regular mail to :
* Submission Desk
University Main Administration Building #203, Inha University
* Postal Address
Academic Human Resources Team #203
Division of Academic Affairs, Inha University
100 Inha-ro, Nam-gu
Incheon 22212, Korea
(Main Building, Room No. 1-203)
Submission Period: 10:00 AM (Seoul), Friday, September 18, 2015 through 5:00 PM, Friday, October 2, 2015.
Please note that e-mail applications are not accepted. Successful applicants will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone.
- Program Coordinator: Prof. Scott Schafer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Academic Human Resources Team: 032-860-7056 (email@example.com)