English Instructor Needed in Saudi Arabia
Laureate Vocational Saudi Arabia (LVSA) is part of the Laureate International Universities, the world’s leading higher education provider. Laureate’s more than 80 universities educate over 1,000,000 students in 28 countries. LVSA has been operating in Saudi Arabia since 2009 and currently operates 10 vocational campuses. These vocational colleges offer two and three-year technical training programs to Saudi students between the ages of 18-23 that will lead to vocational qualifications at a range of levels in a variety of subjects.
The LVSA English Instructor will be responsible for assisting beginner English language learners in reaching an intermediate level. Activities and operations include curriculum evaluation and development, coordination with technical instructors to integrate curriculums, test evaluation, invigilation, recording/reporting of grades, lesson preparation and teaching communicative classes for up to 25 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
• Teach up to 25 hours per week, plus cover teaching if required
• Prepare lessons & counsel students on their progress with assessments and reports
• Use technology such as LMS, IWBs, online testing and eLearning applications as mandated by institutional policies
• Bachelor's Degree (required)/Master’s Degree or PhD (Preferred). All degrees must be in class and not online.
• Candidate must have an English teaching certification (i.e. TESOL, TEFL, TESL, CELTA, and DELTA) or an MA TESOL/Linguistics specifying practicum in the transcript. Online certificates are NOT acceptable.
(TEFL/TESOL/TESL should be a minimum of 120 hours and include a minimum of 6
hours of observed teaching).
• To qualify, the candidate needs a min of 3 years of experience teaching ESL (English as a Second Language) to post-secondary students and older in an educational organization. Please note private tutoring and part-time roles are NOT acceptable).
• Very attractive salary + benefits
• Subsidized educational development opportunities within the Laureate International Universities network towards a part-time Master's or Ph.D. Degree on selected on-line degree programs.
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV, Degrees and passport copy to: email@example.com
For further information, please check http://www.laureate.net and http://www.laureatevocational.sa/