Applications for Instructor positions at Yonsei University, Wonju Campus
Yonsei University Wonju Campus
Applications for Instructor positions at Yonsei University, Wonju Campus (Gangwon Province) beginning March 1st, 2016 are now being accepted. Applications should be addressed and sent to Dr. Park, <email@example.com> To get the online application form, click here:
If you are unable to access this form, please contact Dr. Park (details below) and a file will be emailed to you.
Instructions for Applying:
1. Download and complete the application form. (When you open the link above, download and save the MS Word document by using the Download option at the top of the page.)
2. Email the application form and your resume/CV to Dr. Park. Please do not email any additional documents unless requested.
3. See below for other required documents if you are contacted for an interview. Please be aware that incomplete applications and emails that do not include an application form will NOT be considered.
The deadline for applying is Wednesday, November 11th, 2015. After submitting an application, candidates selected for an interview will be contacted by email or telephone.
Interviews for March 2016 positions will be held on Saturday, November 14th and November 21st. Interviews at other times may be possible by appointment (including Webcam for overseas applicants).
Details of the Position:
1. Job title: Instructor
2. Period of Contract: March 1st, 2016 – February 29th, 2017
3. Teaching Load
18 contact hours per week in three hour blocks teaching listening, speaking and writing.
4. Salary & Qualifications
Salary (per month) is dependent on qualifications and experience as follows:
2,800,000 won MA+TESOL Certificate+ more than one year ESL/EFL experience
2,700,000 won MA + more than one year ESL/EFL experience
2,600,000 won BA+TESOL Certificate+ more than one year ESL/EFL experience
2,500,000 won BA+ more than one year ESL/EFL experience
5. Job Description:
Instructors are required to teach university credit classes of 18 contact hours per week. Instructors may be required to teach up to 3 hours per week of overtime. (Additional hours beyond the contractual 18 contact hours per week are compensated at the overtime rate of 30,000 won.)
The Instructor will teach four semesters, with fall and spring being 16 weeks long followed by short winter and summer semesters of 5 weeks duration
6. Starting Date and Orientation Session:
The starting date for this position will be March 1st, 2016. Please be aware that a two-day mandatory teacher training/orientation session will be held during the final week of August.
University –owned, rent-free, furnished, one- bed room apartment off campus.
A total of 10 weeks paid vacation, not including national holidays.
9. Additional Benefits:
Instructors will be eligible for:
(a) A reimbursement for 50% of a round-trip ticket or 100% of a one-way ticket from a country outside of Asia (in KRW) at the conclusion of their one-year contract
(b) A reimbursement of up to 500,000 KRW (within S.E. Asia) for one (1) round-trip airfare (i.e. a visa run) at the conclusion of their one-year contract
(c) A reimbursement for transfer fee for teachers able to transfer their visa
(d) National Pension Service with monthly premiums made by the Instructor and the university
All interested applicants are asked to submit ONLY the following documents by email:
1. Instructor Application
2. Current copy of resume/CV
Required Documents if Selected for an Interview:
Those candidates selected for an interview must bring the following documents to the interview:
1. A photocopy of your university diploma (with degree verification information)
2. Two (2) copies of your resume
3. Two (2) letters of recommendation
4. A lesson plan for a unit from our textbook, which we will provide to you if contacted for an interview.
Successful candidates will be REQUIRED TO SUBMIT the following documents within a week of receiving an offer of a contract:
1. Original university diploma confirmed by the Apostille agreement (for participating countries), or by a Korean embassy or consulate abroad (for non-apostille-participant-countries)
2. University transcripts (mailed directly to our institution from your university)
3. Two (2) copies of your resume
4. Two (2) letters of recommendation
5. Three (3) passport size photos
6. Release letter (if employed in Korea)
7. Official work record in Korean language (°æ·ÂÁõ¸í¼)
8. Criminal Background Check confirmed by the Apostille agreement (for participating countries), or by a Korean embassy or consulate abroad (for non-apostille-participant-countries)
Deadline & Contacts:
Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, November13th, 2015 at 5pm (KST). If you are interested in a position and cannot access the internet-based application, or if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Associate Dean, Dr. Park at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office phone: 033-760-5081