Experienced Teachers for ELEMENTARY Schools in Gangnam, Seoul
Experienced Teachers for ELEMENTARY Schools in Gangnam, Seoul starting in March 1st, 2016
The Gangnam District Office is currently looking for 3 full-time English instructors to teach at ELEMENTARY schools in the Gangnam area. We want enthusiastic, dedicated and caring teachers who have at least two years of teaching experience in Korea and is available for interview (face to face interview strongly recommended or, video interview in case the candidate holds valid Korean Visa (F visa, E2 Visa) and can prove that he/she is out of the country temporarily) on January 5th, 2016. Please read the following CAREFULLY before you apply.
Application Period : December 4th, 2015 - December 15th, 2015(6:00 p.m.)
Interview Date : January 5th, 2016(14:00 PM)
* These schedules are tentative and are subject to change.
* Interview candidates will receive an e-mail individually by December 18th, 2015.
1. Applicants should meet at least one of the following requirements:
- BA/MA in TESOL
- BA/MA with a teaching license
- BA/MA with TEFL/TESOL/CELTA/SIT Certificate- comprising a minimum of 100 course hours
2. Minimum of 2 years of English teaching experience in Korea (Ideally to elementary school students)
3. Must hold available passport from Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, the UK, or the USA
Documents to be submitted:
Interested applicants should send ALL DOCUMENTS listed below to the Program Coordinator(Minhye Son) - Emails with partial/incomplete documents will not be accepted.
1. A cover letter describing your qualifications/experiences/one year plan to be a successful Native English teacher at your school
2. A current resume (Microsoft Word/PDF format)
3. A scanned copy of passport information page
4. Scanned copies of degrees, TESOL/TEFL/CELTA/SIT certificates
5. Contact information of current/former employers in Korea
6. A copy of apostilled degree**
7. A copy of apostilled nation-wide criminal record check**
(Americans-apostilled FBI check / Canadians-notarized RCMP check)
** If you have already submitted the originals to the Seoul Immigration Office, you can get the copies of them at the Seoul Immigration Office (#1345) - we only need the copies of them. You have to submit these documents regardless of your visa status(including F4 and F6).
8. A copy of alien registration card (front/back)
9. A copy of your recent ID picture
10. (If you are hired) you will be required to submit a health check(HIV and TBPE) and the local Korean police check.
1. Hours are 8:30 am to 4:30 pm from Monday to Friday (subject to change by school)
2. Maximum of 22 teaching hours each week : a 40-minute instruction and a 10-minute break is considered as one hour)
3. Four weeks (21 working days) paid vacation in addition to all national holidays (to be divided among the summer, winter, and spring vacation periods upon your principal's approval)
Salary/Benefits with an Annual Contract:
1. 1.8 - 2.7 million Won/Month depending on qualifications(usually start from 2.3 million won)
2. 900,000 won housing stipend(Housing is NOT provided, Key money is also not provided)
3. Airplane ticket back to your home country(maximum 1,300,000 won) upon faithful completion of your final contract
4. Medical Insurance/National Pension
5. Severance Pay
- The principals in Gangnam District have authorized Gangnam District Office to be in charge of this hiring process.
- There will be an additional announcement in case there are same or less number of applicants than the number of hiring position.