Volunteer in Cambodia! 12 Week ESL Placement
Conversations With Foreigners is a popular English language center building capacity in Cambodia, providing affordable English classes to adult Khmer students from all walks of life. International volunteers teach conversational English in a fun, informal setting, with a student-centric, activity based style. Profits from student fees are used to provide a sustainable source of core funding for development projects in rural Cambodia by our partner, CRDT.
We are seeking volunteer teachers for our upcoming semester beginning 2nd March 2016, for both our main campus and our rural school, as well as for future semesters beginning June, September, and December 2016.
Teachers teach up to 4 hours per day, Monday to Friday, for the 12 week semester. Classes focus on conversational speaking skills in a fun and informal setting, following our unique locally relevant curriculum designed to address the realities of Cambodian life.
We offer newly qualified ESL teachers an opportunity to test the waters abroad, gaining approximately 200 hours classroom experience over 12 weeks; as well as on-going teaching training sessions, observations, one on one feedback, peer reviews, and drop-in support.
We also provide a dedicated in- country support team, optional accommodation and meals package, Khmer language lessons, cooking classes, and a range of organised social activities.
- This is a Voluntary position, but a great way to get your foot in the door. We can help you find paid placement on completion.
- Teaching Training incl. weekly workshops, observations, one on one feedback, etc.
- Airport Pickup.
- 10 Day Orientation training begins 2nd March.
- 12 week commitment.
- No 'programme fee', but you do have to cover your own expenses. We have secure accommodation available for $725 / 12 weeks incl. meals.
- 24 / 7 Living support, incl. Khmer language lessons, social activities, day trips, travel arrangements, cooking lessons etc.
- Contribute to grass roots development projects.
- Great way for new ESL teachers to get some experience and test the waters abroad, while developing teaching skills.
- Native or near-native level of English
- 18+ years of age
- Submission of Criminal History Clearance
- 12 week commitment
- TEFL / TESOL / CELTA
- Motivation and enthusiasm for the challenge
Download our Information booklet for more info:
Or Visit our website to apply: