Female Native Elementary Teacher
Learning Jungle International School is looking for enthusiastic and self-motivated Elementary Teacher. The school follows the Canadian Elementary curriculum (Ontario) from Grade 1 to Grade 6.
Job title: International Elementary Teacher
Start date: February 01, 2016
Duration: Minimum 1 year, renewable on mutual consent
Location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Benefits: - Salary starts at USD 2 000 per month, negotiable depending on experience
- 18 days of paid leave plus 28 days of paid public holidays per year
- Flight to / from Cambodia reimbursed upon completion of contract
- Assistance in finding accommodation
Working hours: Monday to Friday from 7h30 to 16h30
School year: January to December
• Minimum B. Ed with valid Teaching Certificate
• Canadian candidate is a plus
• Police Clearance Certificate
• Native English Teacher only
• Candidates with international experience preferred
Elementary Teacher Skills:
• Demonstrate an understanding of and love for young children and enthusiasm for developing a happy, creative atmosphere for the children.
• Plan, develop, conduct and monitor courses for presentation to students according to approved curriculum keeping in view the individual learning needs of the children
• Lead students in activities to promote their physical, mental and social development and their school readiness
• Prepare, administer and correct tests
• Prepare and implement remedial programs for students requiring extra help
• Teach students using lessons, discussions, audio-visual presentations and field trips
• Assign and correct homework
• Evaluate the progress of students and discuss progress results with students, parents and school officials Provide supervision and guidance of daily activities, field trips and special activities
• Establishing and maintaining a warm supportive relationship with the families of the children.
• Develop course materials and curriculum content
• Keeping accurate and current, the records as required by the Centre
• Attending meetings and professional development as requested
• Discuss progress and problems of children at staff meetings
• Being responsible for maintaining a safe, clean, stimulating environment for children in the assigned classroom and for the School
• Leadership and initiative (ability to supervise 1-2 people)
• Working in a team
• Problem solving, decision making, critical thinking
• Job task planning and organizing, use of memory, finding information
• Computer use
• Continuous learning and improvement
About Learning Jungle International School (in Cambodia):
Cambodia is a rapidly developing economy in South-East Asia with a very young population. New generation of Cambodian families understand the importance of education and international exposure for their children and increasingly enroll their children in international schools to gain that edge.
This new campus (also in Phnom Penh) is the second Learning Jungle International School in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
To see pictures and videos of the Campuses, visit http://www.facebook.com/LearningJungleCambodia
About Learning Jungle School:
Learning Jungle Schools in Canada (http://www.learningjungle.ca) are licensed by the Ministry of Education, and are proud providers of quality early childhood education in the communities they serve.
From carefully designed early learning environments that are age appropriate and well-equipped, to trained teachers who develop stimulating programs for their children, a Learning Jungle School is a place where parents bring their child to an environment that fosters curiosity, initiative, independence as well as their child’s cognitive, physical, social and emotional development. Learning Jungle School provides Children’s Education and Care All under One Roof.
Cambodia is a tropical country blessed with year-round warm weather, fine beaches (Phnom Penh is not far from the sea) and friendly people and relatively low cost of living. International visitors to Cambodia all come back home with great memories and a life-changing experience.
Cambodia is also home to the Angkor Wat, a 12th century Hindu temple that is considered a UN World Heritage Site and one of the archaeological wonders of the world. The national language in Cambodia is Khmer but in Phnom Penh the capital city having many expatriates, communicating in English is not a problem.
Visitor arrivals were over 4 million in 2014.
Apply with resume, cover letter, copy of degree and reference letter to:
Learning Jungle International School
Via Email: email@example.com