The International Humanity Foundation (IHF) is seeking forward-thinking, dynamic individuals of all ages and backgrounds to contribute to our children’s home in Nakuru, Kenya as part of our Volunteer Work-Study Program.
About the role
Local tasks vary from day to day.
- In our children’s home in Kenya, daily tasks will include assisting with homework and organizing projects and activities for the children.
- At all centers, you will provide the co-Directors with needs-based assistance in the daily maintenance of the centers, becoming a part of the IHF family and integral to the work we do. This may involve diverse tasks from accompanying a child to hospital, working on our Peace Farm, helping to paint and renovate our buildings or going with children to school to meet teachers.
- For your international tasks, you will be assigned teams made up of volunteers from other centers and you will work on administrative tasks for not just the center you are staying in, but for the whole organization.
- Your tasks may include producing media content, assisting with fundraising efforts and generating online outreach efforts to promote our organization’s goals and projects.
This is a great opportunity to experience the overall management of an international organization and receive training in a multi-level, multifaceted work environment. Before arrival at the center, you will already become a part of the team by completing pre-trip tasks with our international teams to gain an understanding of the kind of work you will be doing. Our foundation is run entirely by volunteers just like you, who have made commitments ranging from 2 weeks to multiple years. You will be supervised and guided by long-term volunteer co-Directors at your center, who will listen to your ideas and work with you on a daily basis.
- You must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- We value volunteers who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility and easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
- Minimum of four weeks commitment.
- Minimum age 18 year old or above 16 with parent’s consent, unless volunteering in family.
We provide basic accommodation and food at our centers, where you will live with your co-workers. Unfortunately, as a nonprofit, we are unable to provide these amenities freely and we charge $75 per week for the first month of your stay and $55 if any subsequent weeks. We are not able to cover travel or insurance expenses or any other related costs, but we will help you with your travel and visa planning. We will also try to comply with guidelines to secure any grant or scholarship funding available at your university.
If you are ready to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com