The Intensive English Center (IEC) at Stony Brook University was established the program in South Korea at the SUNY Korea campus in Songdo in 2014. We are looking for qualified full-time or part-time lecturers to start as soon as possible.
- M.A. in TESOL, Applied Linguistics, or related field.
- One year teaching experience in a university setting with MA in TESOL or
Applied Linguistics, or Two years of teaching experience with other degree.
- Two or more years of teaching ESL in a university setting is preferred.
- Experience teaching or studying overseas.
- Strong computer/technology skills and knowledge of ESL software and electronic
- Demonstrated ability to teach a variety of ESL levels and skills.
- Native speaker fluency: excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Good interpersonal/communication skills.
- Ability to work in cross-cultural environment.
- Requisite preparation, grading and record keeping.
- Participate in testing, placement, orientation, graduation activities.
- Evaluate textbooks and create/develop course materials/exams as needed.
- Attend pre and post-session meetings and weekly staff meetings.
- Maintain office hours to advise and counsel students as needed.
Salary & Benefits:
Salary is dependent on qualifications.
Four major public insurance
Housing on campus at Songdo, SUNY Korea
Please submit the following documents to Haena Kim at email@example.com:
① Cover Letter, outlining teaching interests
③ Short descriptions of courses previously taught
④ Three references
Applications will be reviewed and those which meet the qualification will pass to the interview stage until the positions are filled.
For information or to apply, please contact:
Haena Kim, Program manager, SUNY Korea, Incheon, South Korea